PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I've had it explained in subsequent posts & didn't realise the Protestant/Catholic animosity & troubles extended to football. Today's been a real eye-opener.

The sooner Ireland is one, the better... )(
I think Irish football used to be a single all Ireland league but split on religious lines.
It extended to almost everything. Try getting a job in Dublin at that time if you were a protestant etc etc.
Guiness was a London Company that moved to Dublin for tax reasons. The entire family converted to Catholicism.
In fairness the reverse was true in n.ireland. Thus, for example, a body had to be set up to ensure that catholics there got a fair shake in the housing market.

Where are Luton going to find £530m to spend on wages, amortisation & agents fees? I thought the original stated purpose of FFP was to limit clubs to spend what they earn?

This isn’t that complicated. There’s 2 parts.

1) Each club can spend 85% of revenue. This is agreed on and happening.

2) No club can spend more than 6x revenue of 20th team. Things agreed on principle but details tbc and voted on again.

Nowhere are Luton going to be allowed to spend £560m a year on wages and transfers, that would break PSR, wouldn’t it?

The only thing this does is make sure that the gap between top and bottom doesn’t grow too big by incentivising the top clubs to keep growing the revenues of the league as a whole.

When Villa had lots of irish players, they were very popular
When arsenal had several irish players, they were popular
There are loads of kids running around in lots of City kits now because we are top of the bunch.
If you are outside of the UK, you generally pick team who are top at the time, have a few players from your country or you follow your dad's team.
Go to any of the big sports outlets and they are crammed with City stuff now.

The rags and dippers support is definitely on the decline at the moment.
In Ireland when I was growing up, you couldn't play football in a lot of areas.
Banned at school and frowned upon in the community
GAA and rugby getting bigger and bigger. If some journalists in Ireland could see the wood for the trees they’d be thanking City for slowing down the ferries and planes to England and getting more bums on seats for LOI.
its all clickbait though Johnny Ward on OTB spent most of Saturday crying about City.

This isn’t that complicated. There’s 2 parts.

1) Each club can spend 85% of revenue. This is agreed on and happening.

2) No club can spend more than 6x revenue of 20th team. Things agreed on principle but details tbc and voted on again.

Nowhere are Luton going to be allowed to spend £560m a year on wages and transfers, that would break PSR, wouldn’t it?

The only thing this does is make sure that the gap between top and bottom doesn’t grow too big by incentivising the top clubs to keep growing the revenues of the league as a whole.
When explained in these terms, prima facie, seems perfectly reasonable and sensible.

Honestly there’s only so many times I can tell people proudly proclaiming how this will drive all the players to Spain that Spain already have rules that are very similar but much stricter than this.

There’s so many people who are convinced the proposal is shit despite freely admitting they haven’t got a clue what the proposal entails and being completely ignorant to what other countries are doing.
Do teams in Spain share tv revenues in any way? This used to be a bone of contention, but I’ve lost track of it over the years.

GAA and rugby getting bigger and bigger. If some journalists in Ireland could see the wood for the trees they’d be thanking City for slowing down the ferries and planes to England and getting more bums on seats for LOI.
its all clickbait though Johnny Ward on OTB spent most of Saturday crying about City.
I remember Paddy Crerand doing punditry on an Ivan Yates radio show. Yates used to tear strips off him, so badly that he refused to go on anymore.
Phil Thompson went on as his replacement and the abuse Yates gave him was even worse.

As posted previously there is no ‘cartel’ anymore, Utd, Chelsea, Newcastle, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs will all end up replicating the ‘City model’ of multi club ownership and Utd & Chelsea especially are fully paid up members of the City fan club now.
I heard that Daniel Levy is already made on offer for Laxey AFC on the Isle of Man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.