PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Very Strange for city and united to be on the same side of an issue.

I still have a sneaking suspicion there’s a bit of cosying up behind the scenes and the upper echelons of both clubs actually want to get on well and support each other earn more money that ever before, despite everything.

On the bright side if they are it means the charges will be completely thrown out, or we wouldn’t be making new friends

I think there are like 13 or 14 PL clubs where revenue was less than 250m for season 22/23. for 10 clubs it was even under 200m.
to tell them they cant spend more than 500m a year for wages, amortization etc, for most of them their total expenditure doesnt reach half of that amount which is more than just wages, player amortization and agent fees.
they will laugh as they were never going to spend 500m. not even close. only exception maybe Newcastle. even Villa wouldnt spend that much imo albeit they had high losses recently.

so this doesnt effect them much and probably happy to put the boot in for the top clubs.

then we have 6 clubs left (Big Six) with about revenues between 450 and 700m and 3 of them didnt vote for it. why Newcastle voted for it not sure, but overall I feel like Saudis changed their focus more on the Saudi legue instead following through with the big plans we hard of at the takeover. cant blame them with the amount of spider web regulation for PL FFP, its a nightmare now to turn this Newcastle side into title winning or CL powerhouse.
they had 250m revenue for 22/23, may hit 300m for 23/24 but thats it, next year no CL, so could drop back again and they spent most of their money imo so this next summer either will be a quiet one or have to sell a big name.
and even Ashworth fucked them off, after he brought them the disaster Tonali deal haha.

so only really Spurs, dippers, Arse are the ones who affected positvely from these rules, as their sweetspot maybe just around 400/500 m spend per season. they dont want to spend more than this going forward and happy if they can make sure the 3 other clubs with similar or better reveues cannot spend more either.

Villa with a bit of ambition recently can now see through what thes rules really good for, keeping them where they are and making sure that if they reach CL on the back of a good season well these rules can make sure they still cannot really ride this wave and will be a rare one off...
Villa are the big standout, on the face of it, you would think they would be for this. I guess they have genuine ambition but they need to grow their revenue massively moving forward.

Very Strange for city and united to be on the same side of an issue.

I still have a sneaking suspicion there’s a bit of cosying up behind the scenes and the upper echelons of both clubs actually want to get on well and support each other earn more money that ever before, despite everything.

On the bright side if they are it means the charges will be completely thrown out, or we wouldn’t be making new friends
Well they took one of ours on board.

Do we as a club not have bigger things to worry about than a spending cap to close the make believe gap?

Existential threat for the survival of our great club and beating wolves -:)

City have tons of money to ride this out until the next set of rules and the next set after that are thrown out.

It’s more evidence towards the leagues motives, holding off a regulator.

This is all about money and power. Football is the sideshow. Lawyers and accountants take the stage…

Anyway, if we do get relegated at least we can climb the ladder again on equal footing hahahahaha.

Next rule please Sir.

Civil fraud is really serious. As are the allegations in this matter/case/PL complaint or whatever you call it.

I get his point that words like "fraud" and "legal case" are worrying to many fans, but trying to pretend it isn't either of those things doesn't really help, other than at a very superficial level. It is both of those things and what is needed to get people's heads right is the sort of independent assessment of the case that you provide. So well done, you.

Do we as a club not have bigger things to worry about than a spending cap to close the make believe gap?

Existential threat for the survival of our great club and beating wolves -:)

City have tons of money to ride this out until the next set of rules and the next set after that are thrown out.

It’s more evidence towards the leagues motives, holding off a regulator.

This is all about money and power. Football is the sideshow. Lawyers and accountants take the stage…

Anyway, if we do get relegated at least we can climb the ladder again on equal footing hahahahaha.

Next rule please Sir.

I think the question is whether this is good for the PL or not.

If the 85% of revenue rule is also in place and the multiple is around 6 times, I don't see much downside. But let's see what actually gets voted into the new rule book in June.

But you seem to have fundamentally misunderstood the situation - the alleged breaches are breaches of rules but they would also be breaches of various laws if proven - serious breaches. Put criminal law to one side (although they could also be breaches of the Fraud Act etc if ever charged and proven), there would be equivalent civil laws relating to almost every breach aside from the charges relating to cooperation with the PL.

In effect, City themselves said this at CAS and will have said it again to the PL.

But fortunately the charges are not of dirty tea mugs because the actual charges require far more cogent evidence and are, therefore, far harder to prove.

So I'm not sure it is worth others following your logic on this particular matter even if you are right in your support of the club.

PS City won't have issued any warnings about any of those words (to be honest, I doubt they have written to anyone in the media recently on this stuff). They are "charges", it is a "case", it is "legal" and if the IC finds against City whether people say "guilty" or that the charges are "proven" is semantics.

the alleged breaches are breaches of rules but they would also be breaches of various laws if proven - serious breaches.

So seeing as much of this info is already in the public domain, what are HMRC, the SFO & the police waiting for? Like the recent situation with Angela Rayner, why haven't we been reported by someone and/or had our collar felt yet because the authorities have become aware of City's potential criminality?

Are you seriously suggesting the UK Statutory Authorities are waiting for the Premier League's Independent Commission to do their job for them, before they strike & move in to raid the Etihad & slap the bracelets on our Executives?

there would be equivalent civil laws relating to almost every breach aside from the charges relating to cooperation with the PL.

Civil Law is concerned with the rights & property of individual people or organisations, & settles disputes between them, so this could extend to infinity over the most petty of disputes including who owns a pet, or if a neighbour's overhanging tree is encroaching on your property. Let's be honest about the very serious to ultra petty scope of UK Civil disputes here.

As far as I'm aware, only the CPS, police & certain statutory bodies can "charge" people in the UK, & this relates to criminal matters & covers several civil matters too.

When did the PL "charge" City? Have they ever used the "legal" term in respect to us? If not, why? All I've heard from the PL is "allegations" & "breaches".

They are "charges", it is a "case", it is "legal" and if the IC finds against City whether people say "guilty" or that the charges are "proven" is semantics.

They are "breaches" it's a "hearing" & there's nothing "legal" about it, unless/until a statutory body moves in to investigate with a view to issuing criminal or civil proceedings.

People can use whatever terms they like in reference to these breaches. My point is it's way beyond semantics as to why the PL have (in my opinion) carefully chosen not to. You believe there's nothing in this, but I believe this is absolutely crucial to properly understanding the alleged breaches & the resultant IC hearing.

I too got myself so deep in the forest that I couldn't see the wood for the trees. Yes, I fully support Manchester City, not just as a City fan, but because after getting out of the forest & taking a global overview, I saw these allegations very differently.

The very careful language used by the PL, the fact this has been played out so publicly but yet no statutory body has been complained to, or been on contact with City (to our knowledge) is critical to understanding my viewpoint.

To my knowledge the PL have never used the words "fraud" "charges" "case" "legal" or "guilty" against us & I suspect there's a VERY good reason why.

The PL aren't a statutory body, so are toothless in actual UK Law. They have no legal duty to find us "guilty" or "not guilty", & will just about be able to find us "liable" or "not liable", & even then only in the literal sense of the words, & not the legal sense.

Now I could be wrong here, so I'd appreciate it if you could provide counter empirical evidence to the contrary if you think I am. I don't mind my assertations being challenged & found to be in error, because at the very least it will help settle the minds of millions of worried City fans one way or the other.

Essentially, you feel City are on the verge of very serious legal jeopardy which will put our very PL existence in peril if we're found "guilty" of the "charges".

I feel these are jumped up allegations by a private members club who have about as much clout as the Wheel Tappers & Shunters Social Club's executive committee.

The PL's evidence is based on hacked & spliced emails from which they've formed suppositions & made subsequent allegations.

I think where we can both agree is that the level of cogency required to find us liable is seriously high, & for City's first batch of evidence, we've presented our audited, verified company accounts for starters.

Over to you, the Premier League & their Independent Commission.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.