PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

This. Exactly this. Why the PL would want to restrict investment into its own league is beyond me.
Why the government would allow the restriction of taxation through expenditure is beyond me.

The whole thing is just killing your own competitive advantage. Utter madness.

It's turkeys voting for Xmas.
'Turkeys voting for Christmas'?

True. The Premier League and its member clubs have a bit of a history for doing this.

'Gobble, gobble..'

Was chatting to a Forest fan yesterday who said something along the lines of "the sooner you and the other 5 just fuck off and form the Super League, the better".
The sad truth is there’s no money in say Bournemouth vs Forest so if the top 5 did just fuck off, the rest would just wither on the vine

Well most can see this process for what it is. We could've had terms of agreement to ensure we washed up our tea mugs after use at the Etihad. Technically it's an agreement between two parties, but I'd love them to take us to a civil court on this basis.

Not washing up our tea mugs maybe against the PL's "rules", but it's not illegal in UK Law. This is the crucial point being overlooked.

You can worry yourself to death if you choose to, but I trust in City & the club believe they have irrefutable evidence to prove we're not in breach of the PL's private members club "rules".

According to reports, we've issued warnings to several people spinning the "charges" "case" "legal" & "guilty" narrative. This is where City stand, & I stand & agree with our club 100%. It's a pile of bullshit designed to halt our progress by any means necessary.
But you seem to have fundamentally misunderstood the situation - the alleged breaches are breaches of rules but they would also be breaches of various laws if proven - serious breaches. Put criminal law to one side (although they could also be breaches of the Fraud Act etc if ever charged and proven), there would be equivalent civil laws relating to almost every breach aside from the charges relating to cooperation with the PL.

In effect, City themselves said this at CAS and will have said it again to the PL.

But fortunately the charges are not of dirty tea mugs because the actual charges require far more cogent evidence and are, therefore, far harder to prove.

So I'm not sure it is worth others following your logic on this particular matter even if you are right in your support of the club.

PS City won't have issued any warnings about any of those words (to be honest, I doubt they have written to anyone in the media recently on this stuff). They are "charges", it is a "case", it is "legal" and if the IC finds against City whether people say "guilty" or that the charges are "proven" is semantics.

Last edited:
4.5x would be a disaster for City. We'd have to make significant savings on what we spend now.

In theory the club could make well over £100M profit and fail the rules.
Like I said before the Premeir League are desperate to fuck us up, but in doing so they are going to cause irreparable damage to the top flight football in England.

This. Exactly this. Why the PL would want to restrict investment into its own league is beyond me.
Why the government would allow the restriction of taxation through expenditure is beyond me.

The whole thing is just killing your own competitive advantage. Utter madness.

It's turkeys voting for Xmas.
City Derangement Syndrome (CDS for short) overpowers logic and rationality. PSR actually worked as they had planned it to do so, but it made martyrs out of badly run clubs who failed it and didn't affect the clubs for which it was intended (i.e. us). Now we have another scheme, but the cracks in the establishment are clear with United not voting with the usual bloc. English football is slowly beginning to cannibalise itself.

but they looking at 6x not 5 so not much diff to wot we are allowed to spend at mo. wot it will do is slow us down if our growth continues financially or we make sure the lowest team grows too. Its stopping the gap get bigger. Rightly or wrongly ??? to me it shud be up to the other clubs to grow financially. why restrict well run clubs

Just one more thought. Won’t this just drive the “big“ clubs in the premier league to look at a European Super League again ?
If it restricts our investment at City it could increase the pace of development at the CFG clubs.

Like I said before the Premeir League are desperate to fuck us up, but in doing so they are going to cause irreparable damage to the top flight football in England.
Isn't it a coincidence that City now have the biggest revenue in England, yet might not be able to spend it. I'm shocked, it's so fucking transparent, the only silver lining is that the rags are getting caught in the crossfire this time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.