PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I know it was mentioned by a poster back in February on another thread, but Shalke are deep in the shit and facing going out of business (there is an article on the BBC sport now. Whatever the German FFP rules are, it hasn't stopped them getting to this situation and their ownership model clearly isn't working for this club and it's reported that the fanbase is split about new investment.
They have an amazing fanbase and probably wouldn't want to admit how closely comparable we are but our new rules being proposed wouldn't save them either. Some clubs, it would appear, are just badly run - who would have thought it.
11 managers in 12 years, poor overpriced recruitment, poor player sales, spending money they haven’t got, debts mounting. Was Swales their president?

I see Ian Herbert has written a snide City piece about financial ‘gymnastics’ in the Mail which indicates all the weekend noise about legal letters and the media being pulled into line is a load of bollocks.
Don’t worry mate, one day we’ll be shit again - and then you can be truly happy.

It's shite like this that opposition fans see and believe. Regardless of what happens we will be guilty in the eyes of the thicker element of the footballing community. I know it's utter shite, but it's utter shite that people believe.

View attachment 116750
I think we can class this lot with all the Liverpool based accounts and Liverpool Echo shite. They really have a hard on for us.

Revenue then isn’t going to be as important to us like in times gone by , so basically we could drop £100m in revenue and it wouldn’t affect our spending on players whatsoever , United have been dogshit for 10 years , and their revenue has largely been unaffected , when they eventually get their act together (and they will ) its united that are really going to be affected more than anyone else, they do circa £600m of revenue even being the laughing stock that they are. If these new rules are to be brought in then it’s a very shortsighted set of rules that all “big” clubs should be very wary of. We as a club now can compete at the very highest level because of our growth on and off the pitch for the last 10 years plus. If these rules are to be brought in , then these rules have to set in stone for at least five years with no ability by the PL to change the “rules” to suit the clubs that want to ruin us. The rules in place as we speak have ruined clubs dreams. What they haven’t realised under all this is it’s what you do on the pitch that really matters, and not the ability to spend spend spend to keep up with nasty Manchester City.

ive not read to much about this, months if not years back maybe our owners discussed and examined every avenue the PL could possibly go down to have us restricted, those current restrictions at the time and future possible restrictions like this and the result was/is the 1st class facilitys we have over the bridge at the Etihad and the rapid expansion of CFG, was it not the intention from day one to produce our own instead of chucking millions about, we will cherry pick from the CFG and our own academy and plus have whatever to spend under the new rules, in the not to near future this will benefit us while clubs like Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal have the financial life sucked out of them by greedy American owners.
Another own goal from the PL i think, maybe were not seeing the wood for the trees' here

Last edited:
Buy the next superstar from South America for peanuts and CFG build them a new stand, there's ways around it

It's shite like this that opposition fans see and believe. Regardless of what happens we will be guilty in the eyes of the thicker element of the footballing community. I know it's utter shite, but it's utter shite that people believe.

View attachment 116750
At the end of the day if you read this and choose to believe it then your opinion matters as much as the crazy guy that talks to pigeons or ten haag and can be dismissed as such.

I see Ian Herbert has written a snide City piece about financial ‘gymnastics’ in the Mail which indicates all the weekend noise about legal letters and the media being pulled into line is a load of bollocks.
The thing about these articles that make me laugh is that they are written by a sports reporter with zero understanding of complex financial accounting methods and yet they still feel qualified to comment on them just like they do on football which they also have no understanding of, the level of ego it must take to write about things that you have no understanding of is incredible and the fact that the press let them do it is even more shameful, next it will be some dickhead of youtube presenting question time because vibes innit

Revenue then isn’t going to be as important to us like in times gone by , so basically we could drop £100m in revenue and it wouldn’t affect our spending on players whatsoever , United have been dogshit for 10 years , and their revenue has largely been unaffected , when they eventually get their act together (and they will ) its united that are really going to be affected more than anyone else, they do circa £600m of revenue even being the laughing stock that they are. If these new rules are to be brought in then it’s a very shortsighted set of rules that all “big” clubs should be very wary of. We as a club now can compete at the very highest level because of our growth on and off the pitch for the last 10 years plus. If these rules are to be brought in , then these rules have to set in stone for at least five years with no ability by the PL to change the “rules” to suit the clubs that want to ruin us. The rules in place as we speak have ruined clubs dreams. What they haven’t realised under all this is it’s what you do on the pitch that really matters, and not the ability to spend spend spend to keep up with nasty Manchester City.
But when they become good again they will change the rules again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.