PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Get a grip. You can live in delusion if you like. I think most City fans would/have appreciated understanding the nature of the allegations and consequences IF the charges are proven (I made it clear that this was IF).

It isn't a fair criticism (IMO) simply to say I am too negative. It is, unfortunately, inconceivable the Panel doesn't throw the book at the club if these charges are proven. It is an ALLEGATION of wholesale false accounting over 9 seasons. I have said it will be extremely difficult for the PL to prove the case and highly complex and sensitive. I believe I have the understanding and experience to speak on the subject.

But again, I stress, IF proven we have a huge problem and telling me I should be embarrassed misses the point. The board will be the ones embarrassed and a lot more. Don't shoot the messenger.
Sorry, but you seem really clueless on the PR front. The way you framed your initial tweet gave ammunition to our enemies who are only too ready to jump on the worst case scenario you presented and ignore the "if" you included. Of course you know your stuff re the law etc, but there are ways of framing bad news that can minimise its publicity value to those who seek to use it against us.

I noticed you tweeting other opinions that missed the point re the PR angle and only looked at things from a lawyer's point of view. Understandable in your circumstances, but the PR battle (or war) will be as much on the mind of the club as the legal one.

One thing that has occurred to me over the last 24 hours is that if the super league vultures come hovering again, I’d be off in a flash. Fuck this ‘for the good of the game’ rubbish. Everyone hates us and is in football for themselves and no one else, so why shouldn’t we be now? There’s jealousy and then there’s obsessed evil hatred. THEY have tipped well over the edge and when we are cleared this should NEVER be forgotten. We all sort of let the UEFA thing go because we were so relieved to be found not guilty. This is completely different.

One way or another they will find us guilty it will not be a fair case ive accepted that because i dont think there will be away to change the outcome with these vultures, the only thing I don't want is to be stripped of our titles.

so the proceedings of whats to come, would i be correct in this order- the PL have their hearing and will most certainly find us Guilty, City can then apeal and if that fails go to the High Court, the last one of these being the most likely one that we would win. as for punishment given out by the PL would that be suspended untill the apeals have been exausted?

One thing that has occurred to me over the last 24 hours is that if the super league vultures come hovering again, I’d be off in a flash. Fuck this ‘for the good of the game’ rubbish. Everyone hates us and is in football for themselves and no one else, so why shouldn’t we be now? There’s jealousy and then there’s obsessed evil hatred. THEY have tipped well over the edge and when we are cleared this should NEVER be forgotten. We all sort of let the UEFA thing go because we were so relieved to be found not guilty. This is completely different.

So you would swap the PL influenced by Liverpool and United for an ESL influenced by Barcelona, Madrid and Juventus?

Yep that is exactly my point which is why my answer to your question about how I would feel if it was Chelsea was going to be not comparable to what you guys are going through now.

Outcome pending, I imagine I'll feel a bit like that time my best mate got us impossible-to-get tickets to a gig I desperately wanted to see. And while waiting for the encore, the bouncer ushered us out saying our tickets were fake. Never found out if they really were, if the bouncer was just a prick, if my mate had been duped, or if he photocopied them himself. But I went down the road singing the hits, I still remember a great night. And he's still my best mate.

Bizarre then that the PL regulators failed to spot these alleged breaches for 9 years on the bounce...

No it's not. Their whole point is that City ommitted information.

@projectriver is suggesting this means they must have ommitted info from the official accounts which means misleading HMRC and the auditors and essentially fraud, my point is that they can have ommitted information the PL requires that goes beyond legally required disclosures (ie compensation to an employee from a related party).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.