PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I would be extremely, but pleasantly, surprised if the charges were dismissed or dropped at this stage. The premier league will have been under intense pressure to bring the charges and letting them fall away would cause them even more issues. Far better for them to hear the case so if they lose they can at least say to disgruntled clubs well we tried.

The only thing that is a little surprising is how long it is taking to confirm a date for the hearing. The longer that takes the more intriguing the possibility that something is happening behind the scenes.

It’s amazing how one piece of info comes out about a few possible letters to journalists and all of a sudden all this other ‘bullshit’ comes out
My mate said…
I heard…
People then start going with it like it’s gospel
It’s all a load of shite much as I wish it was true

Probably, but do you think there has been a definite change in mood music this last month or so?

I would be extremely, but pleasantly, surprised if the charges were dismissed or dropped at this stage. The premier league will have been under intense pressure to bring the charges and letting them fall away would cause them even more issues. Far better for them to hear the case so if they lose they can at least say to disgruntled clubs well we tried.

The only thing that is a little surprising is how long it is taking to confirm a date for the hearing. The longer that takes the more intriguing the possibility that something is happening behind the scenes.

The hearing date won't be announced, will it?

It’s not just about losing. Counsel has a professional duty to update their advice when circumstances materially change, and also need to do so for reasons of indemnity. They shouldn’t even charge for that advice imo, although some unquestionably do.

I’ve watched a fair bit of the postmasters inquiry & it’s been amazing to see the level of incompetence from well paid professionals. (legal & executive)

Like the old ladies knitting as they watch a murder trial I’ve become a fan of the KCs grilling them about their motives. Would City be entitled to see Premier league paperwork, phone records, emails etc

We know it’s been political, & it’s cost the game tens of millions that could have gone to EFL or grassroots. Heads need to roll.

It’s amazing how one piece of info comes out about a few possible letters to journalists and all of a sudden all this other ‘bullshit’ comes out
My mate said…
I heard…
People then start going with it like it’s gospel
It’s all a load of shite much as I wish it was true
No different to all the negative sh**e that's been published for however many years.

Why shouldn't City fans have a pop back, regardless of whether the info is unsubstantiated, if they feel like it?

The click bait over the last few years has been monumental.

Probably, but do you think there has been a definite change in mood music this last month or so?

But how much of that has simply spriralled from the first pieces of information (which I think came from Tolmie?). That information was just that the club are very confident, something which they've maintained from the start of all this and in any case unlikely to come out and say "yeah we might be fucked here".

It seems to me loads have jumped on the back of the initial post and are hedging their bets in pretending to know something and consequently it's getting even more people excited.

Consider me skeptical.

forgive my ignorance on such matters but im curious to know if an independent regulator came in before our case against the premier league is resolved.

would that make any outcome have to be explained to the regulator as to why the premier league took this action? and if so would that then expose (if we are cleared) individuals/clubs that were the main instigators in forcing the premier league to take action, which we could then take legal proceedings against.

Guessing: I think it is fair to assume the PL took advice from Bird and Bird and the KC on the merits. The precise drafting of the announcement then prepared by the legal dept at the PL and "checked" but missed by the external counsel. Then the case effectively handed over to Bird and Bird and counsel to run vs City. Bird and Bird then referring back for instructions and involvement of PL legal department. If at any point, Counsel thinks the game has changed (say new revelation or evidence) then of course, Counsel speak up. Counsel don't like losing so speak up. The client doesn't always listen or chooses to accept risk say for optics.
A little disappointed TwoBirds aren't on our side. Can't think why.

I firmly believe that ultimately City will be cleared of all the major charges, and maybe fined for non cooperation.

However, I sense that too many people are cherry picking those anonymous social media posts that suit their opinion whilst dismissing those that don't.

What is this gibbering oaf talking about; "there's so much we can't write because of the laws of libel". If something constitutes "libel", then by definition it's a false statement and, whilst that's the stock in trade of the likes of Evans, of course any "melonhead" who believes in the principle of journalistic integrity will want it stopped.

If he "knows" anything detrimental to our club, then he should publish regardless. If it's true, he has nothing to fear. The only truth here I'm afraid, is he's another scouse shithouse.
A Scouser playing the victim is such a rarity nowadays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.