PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Without meaning to be a ****, you’ve gotten all overexcited off the back of an anonymous Facebook post by someone whose parents just turned on the parental controls and left them with no after school entertainment.

It's not off the back of just one post though is it, unless all the different people who have posted on here from TH and others happen to be speaking to the exact same source from City, then it's looking more and more likely that things are moving at pace. Yes, I may be wrong in being optimistic about things but I'd take my outlook on life anytime over the alternatives.

Without meaning to be a ****, you’ve gotten all overexcited off the back of an anonymous Facebook post by someone whose parents just turned on the parental controls and left them with no after school entertainment.

Eh? This is exactly what happened. Adam Lewis is the KC who would’ve provided his opinion to support moving forward. There is less than 0% chance charges were laid without his support.
"Gotten" ?

Of course, but this video was 2 weeks ago and close to the bone. I’d suggest if even that isn’t deleted then he’s not had any correspondence. And if deletion wasn’t requested then it would undermine any case that the party believed they had been libelled by that video
Slander rather than libel, surely Stefan?

I don't know, I don't care and I didn't even comment on that.

I merely tried to draw your attention to the fact that the concept of a percentage chance of less than zero doesn't exist, has never existed and will never exist in the real world in this or any other dimension. Unless, I suppose, you are talking quasi-probabilities or quantum mechanics, neither of which really apply to the professional performance of Adam Lewis unless I am very much mistaken.
I think he meant to post something like a -10% chance ;)

Guessing: I think it is fair to assume the PL took advice from Bird and Bird and the KC on the merits. The precise drafting of the announcement then prepared by the legal dept at the PL and "checked" but missed by the external counsel. Then the case effectively handed over to Bird and Bird and counsel to run vs City. Bird and Bird then referring back for instructions and involvement of PL legal department. If at any point, Counsel thinks the game has changed (say new revelation or evidence) then of course, Counsel speak up. Counsel don't like losing so speak up. The client doesn't always listen or chooses to accept risk say for optics.
It’s not just about losing. Counsel has a professional duty to update their advice when circumstances materially change, and also need to do so for reasons of indemnity. They shouldn’t even charge for that advice imo, although some unquestionably do.

It’s not just about losing. Counsel has a professional duty to update their advice when circumstances materially change, and also need to do so for reasons of indemnity. They shouldn’t even charge for that advice imo, although some unquestionably do.
Agreed but its a common misconception they just want to take the money, say, for the full trial.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.