PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Surely it's not a case of any recipient of a letter 'defying' the club? They are perfectly free to say anything they like about the charges and their opinion of guilt as long as they are prepared to back it up in court if required to.
Sort of. But those alleging libel have the burden. The defendant could claim "truth" and then would have the burden of proof. The disclosure process means it is very unlikely any club would ever take on a journalist and even less a Youtuber.

You’ll find out on Tuesday.
I’m convinced mate this will happen… ‘So I’m not actually allowed to say what’s on the letter bla bla bla’. He’ll have a lot of people tuning into nonsense he’s making up. If I’m wrong then I’ll be glad because it shows the club are pretty much cleared however I don’t think I’ll be wrong.

Still not proof .....

You see how annoying that is?

Of course, 'he could be lying'.

There is a fair bit of a difference between arguing whether what he said in his second video is true, and whether his laugh in his previous one confirms he had a letter. Right?

Sort of. But those alleging libel have the burden. The defendant could claim "truth" and then would have the burden of proof. The disclosure process means it is very unlikely any club would ever take on a journalist and even less a Youtuber.
So for the likes of Harris and Goldbridge it's a hollow threat really?

no we wont advise him on whats ok or not to say, were not his legal advisors, its just a letter confirming the intention of legal action should he continue on the course he is on,next move is his, i m not to sure what the letter gains for city, most likely would be used in court where they could say 'well he was warned and continued to slander the club' despite a written warning
He is allowed to talk about the situation tho I mean there are facts to report he is a sort of journalist I use the term very loosely so surely he has to know what we are accusing him of and what he can and cannot say

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.