PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Was away over the weekend and saw a red i know. Decent enough bloke, good job, seemingly a sensible man

Told him of the rumours that charges have been dropped, told him what the city lawyer told me. His reply …

“Well youve obviously bribed someone”.

I laughed as i thought he was joking but no, he was deadly serious. I asked what he means and he said , “youve bribed the FA”.

The FA? What we have drove to london with a bag of cash to bribe ‘The FA’. Couldnt be arsed going into it as regards what the fuck the FA have to do with all this, nor how he thinks the bribe went down.

He then said “if you get away with it then forest and everton should sue”

Thats what we are up against. Idiots
The first sentence told us that

They are fed their info indirectly from our enemies at LFC and MUFC and Spurs so they only get one version.

You shouldn't absolve the PL of blame over this. There is no reason why anyone at those three clubs should know what is going on, other than their executives being involved (which is a PL problem) or the PL giving them information (which is a PL problem).

Not keen on either - but they will be the first to get anything from the Premier League side.

If they are writing that the hearing is taking place as scheduled in Autumn they I would believe that.
The PL are hardly likely to say "Well actually, we've fucked up here and are trying to find a mutually acceptable way out" are they?

No more than City were ever likely to say "Despite all our protestations of innocence, we are bunch of lying cheats".

I've no doubt that the official line is that the hearing will still go ahead later this year. But I'm also in little doubt that the balance has significantly shifted in City's favour.

Doesn’t mean the **** doesn’t want to keep the Ponzi Scheme going.

Personally, I think he’s lots of things, but daft isn’t one of them. To make such a specific claim and to not meaningfully follow through with it would invite a level of opprobrium that could be hugely (and possibly fatally) damaging to his brand. Whilst I’m sure he appreciates pretty much all publicity that he receives, good or bad, he will be aware that not all publicity is good publicity especially in relation to a brand that is built of straw - and I expect the fear of losing what he has carefully created and built upon will loom large in his consciousness.

We’ll see tomorrow, I guess.

No shame in being wrong on this, one way or the other btw, and no basis for bragging rights for anyone who calls this right either. It’s simply a (fun) guessing game based mainly on supposition and limited evidence, in relation to a subject that has captivated so many of us for over a year.

Never a dull day supporting this fucking amazing football club!
Has he ever had to back anything up before? He just gives an emotional, reactionary performance to whatever is happening.

He’s got an easy way out of this by saying his lawyers have advised him that he can’t show the letter, but that he could read out portions of it. This gives him the chance to write his own letter and as no one else is saying they’ve received one, no one can 100% verify its veracity.

Job done. Lots more clicks, 100 more pages on here whilst nothing has changed.

I wouldn’t trust the guy even if he showed a City headed letter.

Well anyone who pleads guilty to a charge in a UK court should just sue absolutely anyone else who’s acquitted or innocent... although I’m struggling to work out on what grounds if you’ve pleaded guilty! Some people….
Make it make sense ffs

The level of stupidity shown by certain individuals (Goldtwat and others is astounding but many people cant help but
lap it up).

The ability to think critically/logically is a trait that is diminishing at an alarming rate it seems…

Pair of anti City wankers, didn’t Ziegler state we wouldn’t win our CAS appeal?
Ziegler backed that rogue video last summer without checking its provenance and without checking the facts. What he described as a new story had appeared in the Grauniad some time before and had been debunked. The £100m was the Etisalat sponsorship, and the mystery man was a known loan broker. The ’new scandal’ had been discussed at CAS. Not much of the story left after that. Not reliable at all Mr. Ziegler.

As I previously mentioned, I don't have interaction off TS with Simon so don't know. Others have confirmed no letter.

Surely IF and it’s a big IF; City have sent out letters it would be News Corp that got a letter and they would advise internally to their various channels /outlets how to respond. This will be being played out well above Jordan and co’s pay grade.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.