PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Who were them two bitter cunts on Sunday supplement about 14 years ago, going on about City being morally bankrupt before the Fulham away match I think.
Rob Beasley and some gooner can't remember his name. Pissed myself when they said who the fuck are David Silva and Yaya Tourwey, we've signed two duffers there. Oh how the eggs were left smothered on their cockney mugs

Fair enough, but just because it's not in the public domain doesn't mean it isn't true. Really, though, I am just piecing things together from what I remember being discussed at the time. And I only really have two pieces of evidence to back it up. A Guardian article from just after his appointment saying Mancini and Khaldoon had an existing relationship (where would he have got that) and a comment from Savage (who knew Mancini, of course, from his time at Leicester, of course) saying Mancini had been advising Mansour in the UAE. I may be wrong, of course. I am old. I misremember things from last week, let alone 15 years ago :) We will find out soon enough, I guess.

Not that it changes the main point that FFP didn't exist when the Mancini contracts were signed, so it wasn't an attempt to circumvent anything, unless there was a four year forward planning for such a small amount. Unlikely I think.

I thought it was part of the story how we disrespected Hughes that Mancini had been already consulting in the UAE.

I thought it was part of the story how we disrespected Hughes that Mancini had been already consulting in the UAE.
I think the 'disrespecting things' started in the awkward pause in-between 'you can't buy success' and 'you've bought success' stories.

The issue with Mancini is the club were negotiating (and facilitating payment) on behalf of Al Jazira if the emails are true.
Arguably that would still fall outside of 'its' (the club's) contracts with the manager.

If it can be proven City did indeed orchestrate the entire thing, and simply funnel payments through Al Jazeera then, that's another matter - in which case the outgoing monies FROM City should be on the books.

If ADUG paid it, then the situation is murkier, as a parent company could legitimately pay a person to perform two roles, one for Subsidiary A (City) and one for Subsidiary B (not City), and City legitimately claim 'ITS' contract with the manager is singular, and even in the knowledge of the existence of the other contract, still deem it irrelevant and not have access to the details.

Last edited:
The case isn't going to be dropped, that's just City twitter making stuff up.

I'll trust Stephan that a decision won't be given until 2025.
No way will the lid be kept down on this cauldron of boiling piss until 2025 - not a chance.
Stefan’s timescale comment allowed for the full completion of the appeals process following the panel hearing with the assumption that losing side would certainly appeal.
I would not be surprised if the panel hearing is dropped and the issues resolved over the Summer. Otherwise a decision will come soon after the hearing, fuller details to follow later - such is the level of Public, Political and Professional interest in the dispute.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.