PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

On the image rights stuff, it is miniscule compared to the financial shenanigans Chelsea have been getting up to recently, and also the clubs selling academy players to each other, in order to gain cashflow advantage. These things are loopholes. There's nothing wrong with exploiting them before they are closed.
Thanks for reminding me that I meant to say much the same thing. The image rights sale to Fordham was a case of selling something we owned to someone else, who we might have some sort of association with. Very much the same as Chelsea have done, or have tried to do.

Thanks for reminding me that I meant to say much the same thing. The image rights sale to Fordham was a case of selling something we owned to someone else, who we might have some sort of association with. Very much the same as Chelsea have done, or have tried to do.

Agreed with a couple of caveats.

First, we don't know much about Fordham, do we? It may not be the transaction itself with which the PL has a problem, but some of the terms. The ADUG indemnity, for example.

Second, we don't even know the image rights issue is about Fordham. It may just be about Toure. The alleged breaches referred to the panel more closely reflect the timing of Toure's contracts than Fordham's, tbh. It may be both, of course.

This is the one allegation where we are short of enough information to come to a conclusion, I think. That doesn't mean I think it's a problem. Just that more information would have been helpful in the assessment of the allegation.

Wasn’t Fordham run by a mate of Soriano? Did Soriano work for them at one time? Was Fordham supported financially by ADUG. Were Fordham already handling City players’ image rights when we ‘sold’ them? These questions may come up. I don’t know the answers, do you PB? Could be worse than a small irrelevance.

Wasn’t Fordham run by a mate of Soriano? Did Soriano work for them at one time? Was Fordham supported financially by ADUG. Were Fordham already handling City players’ image rights when we ‘sold’ them? These questions may come up. I don’t know the answers, do you PB? Could be worse than a small irrelevance.
Whatever it was we did though don’t think we hid it and when we were told we couldn’t do it we stopped. As far as I understand anyway.

On the basis of what we know at the moment, there is no way that the panel will find in favour of the PL on the most serious issues. So the whole thing is moot, really, but what we are discussing at the moment is what happens if the PL does have something we don't know about and the panel finds in favour of the PL.

It seems to me, at the very least, in view of the public interest in the case, the profile of the individuals involved, their other shareholdings and directorships and the egregious nature of the conduct there would have to be an investigation to determine if there is enough evidence for a Companies Acts prosecution.

If there isn't, it reflects badly on the panel's judgement, irrespective of the different burdens of proof (talk about a "technicality"). If there is, but the prosecution fails, likewise. Which is (one of) the reason(s) why I think the panel finding in favour of the PL on the most serious issues is very unlikely unless they really have a slam dunk that will hold up to the higher burden. It won't be painted like that, of course, but there cogency-o-meter will be at atmospheric levels, I think.

But ...

wtf do I know

Edit: Good to have you around, btw. Hope everything is good with you and yours.
The PL want us to disclose all that they ask for, or else be accused of failure to cooperate. Well, would it not be the same if the PL come up with something in the hearing that has not been disclosed to City. Could we accuse they of failure to cooperate?

This might interest you. https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2...illand-abu-dhabi-prince-was-known-as-the-boss

David Rowland's son and Graham Robeson were Fordham directors.

The PL want us to disclose all that they ask for, or else be accused of failure to cooperate. Well, would it not be the same if the PL come up with something in the hearing that has not been disclosed to City. Could we accuse they of failure to cooperate?

The club should know by now everything the PL has. I think the PL can only introduce new evidence with the approval of the panel and if it is fully disclosed beforehand with sufficient time available to defend against it. I think.

I was more meaning the likes of us. I think we understand most of the issues pretty well. The exception, for me at least, is the image rights allegation.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I always get an uneasy feeling about all of this when I think about Yaya and his agent. Although it is reported that they have denied anything underhand going on, I still feel uneasy…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.