PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I don't think Barton needed too much help to be fair.

We got him help & he came out of Sporting chance talking about he’s responsible for the situations he finds himself in……. Then Willy landed his helicopter at Carrington & all the inner reflection of his behaviour from 6 months of hard working psychologists was gone.

It’s interesting to see Canada getting the book thrown at them at the Olympics for the drone spying case, and comparing it to the far worse hacking crime that Liverpool escaped any punishment from the PL and FA for.
Very likely England did some secret spying to know the penalties direction of every Switzerland penalty taker in the Euros.

Whether that was a drone, hidden camera in the training facility or person spying at their training session remains unknown at this stage?

YOu don't get to know such important and detailed information without some espionage activities.

Screenshot_20240707-093724_Chrome.jpg

We've had a few like that over the years. Tevez too had an agent who seemed to think that he was the owner of the player and before that there was an agent by the name of Willie McKay who sounded like he'd drunk three or four bottles of whisky before slurring his way through a radio interview. I suppose it always happens when a club comes into money but without a Chief Executive who knows the game inside out. I don't think we'll ever suffer that fate again.
I walked round the ground on a match day, handing out printed sheets and bluetack with Willie Mckays mobile number. Seemed to get a good response.
My cunning plan was to stop him moving Joey Barton on.
Full disclosure: I was a dick.

We got him help & he came out of Sporting chance talking about he’s responsible for the situations he finds himself in……. Then Willy landed his helicopter at Carrington & all the inner reflection of his behaviour from 6 months of hard working psychologists was gone.
Dont think I’d want to be anywhere near any aircraft that Willy McKay had organised….

For pens I wouldn't have thought any "espionage" was necessary.
Every penalty ever taken in competition will be available to watch to make such judgements. I would imagine the difficulty lies when facing players who rarely if ever take them but by that stage its pot luck.
A number of their players particularly the younger ones wont have taken any penalties in public before. For the likely direction for every squad player as pictured on Pickford's water bottle, there's definitely been some espionage going on. The Canada coach in trouble for the drone spying is unfortunately also from England! :-(
If you have input where the players who rarely take penalties have been placing them in training, like appears from the water bottle notes, it can take a lot of 'pot luck' out of the process.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.