PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Stefan do you find it strange that the issues with the United finances seems to be being ignored by the media and how would anyone get the PL to investigate the matter?
Not been ignored. Was a pretty big story. In the Athletic and Mail at least. The PL aren't going to investigate because they seeming approved the £40m so nothing to investigate. I assume on the share sale costs, they had pre-approval.

100% they had quite a complimentary taking the piss out of Arsenal with a Liverpool fan talking about how City always win in the end.

For me it’s just cheap publicity.

Dominos is worse as they seem to be going after City a lot more and less funny, but again I have no real issue.

The banter is 50% of the game these days

Don't think the two compare.

Paddy Power are genuinely funny. And cover any club that gives them an opportunity.

They are also immersed in football and linked to it, as a place where football fans bet on football.

With Dominos, their attempts are misplaced and out of character. They are provocative rather than funny, and lack finesse and balance. And they are detached from football. Weird.

Not been ignored. Was a pretty big story. In the Athletic and Mail at least. The PL aren't going to investigate because they seeming approved the £40m so nothing to investigate. I assume on the share sale costs, they had pre-approval.

Isn't this the problem as the PL aren't held to account for their decisions, which can on face value appear to discriminate against certain teams, whilst favouring others ?

Would an Independent body be expected to have to justify such decisions , or is there scepticism regarding that role too ?

Who investigates the pl ? For corruption with the rags ?

Isn't this the problem as the PL aren't held to account for their decisions, which can on face value appear to discriminate against certain teams, whilst favouring others ?

Would an Independent body be expected to have to justify such decisions , or is there scepticism regarding that role too ?
The Premier League wont want to sanction Utd because they are major audience pull around the globe. The same could now be said for us but we know the Premier League are under pressure from the red cartel to do something.

Now that the government are introducing an independent football regulator the Premier League should at least be accountable.

Not sure what the point of that is. Is it supposed to be funny, which is how these things are frequently portrayed? Is it supposed to be a satirical take on the amount of time it is taking, which was obviously going to be the case as soon as the allegations were referred?

By all means take the piss, but if you are just stirring things up then you are part of the problem. What next, some satirical take on government ineptitude on immigration by pointing out net immigration figures since Brexit? That wouldn't be fucking funny in the current circumstances either ......
I actually did find it funny but then it put me in mind of the rags timer, I think the 1894 guys should have a banner for the first home game with it on. Now that really would boil some piss :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.