PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I'm very sceptical of date changes.

I'm aware Lord P probably has a big experienced team below him but I'd expect him to lead from the front and would assume that he's not sat at home on his backside waiting for this to start and is involved in other ongoing cases, his potential unavailability until the original date in November would render a 'quick start' unfeasible.
Pannick will not be appearing. He analyses and recommends lines to be followed. He can do the work after his second glass of port (Taylor’s 63) any evening.

Toure has no allegiance to us whatsoever, he's never acknowledged the success he gained with us, I'm sure he would have bubbled us if we'd paid him illegally. I'm sure he'd be forthcoming with information as long as it didn't leave him open to HMRC action bit as he no longer lives in the UK he probably wouldn't give a fuck, doubt we'd have our ourselves at risk with him knowing his character.
Maybe “birthday cake” was code for naughty pay off ?

I'm very sceptical of date changes.

I'm aware Lord P probably has a big experienced team below him but I'd expect him to lead from the front and would assume that he's not sat at home on his backside waiting for this to start and is involved in other ongoing cases, his potential unavailability until the original date in November would render a 'quick start' unfeasible.
I would be absolutely blown away if city aren’t paying him to work exclusively for them until the case is over.

Toure has no allegiance to us whatsoever, he's never acknowledged the success he gained with us, I'm sure he would have bubbled us if we'd paid him illegally. I'm sure he'd be forthcoming with information as long as it didn't leave him open to HMRC action bit as he no longer lives in the UK he probably wouldn't give a fuck, doubt we'd have our ourselves at risk with him knowing his character.
I think it is interesting that the Ziegler article focuses heavily on the two minor allegations that Toure and Mancini were paid extra cash via legal freelance contracts. Ziegler is reporting it the way it has been briefed to him. He is not stressing the major multiple false accounting allegations. The Mancini allegations date back 15 years before FFP. What a witch-hunt this has been. The smear campaign continues. Clear and organised.

The Mancini stuff is all legal. Essentially consultancy fees. But the PL say they breached their internal rules. The same applies to Toure. Presumably it was a legal tax reduction vehicle demanded by his agent. Routine and legal business practice in most industries.

The Mancini stuff is all legal. Essentially consultancy fees. But the PL say they breached their internal rules. The same applies to Toure. Presumably it was a legal tax reduction vehicle demanded by his agent. Routine and legal business practice in most industries.

If it’s deemed legal the Premier League’s argument ends up on rocky ground with Mancini’s wages and player image rights. This then becomes a civil matter where the limitations act comes into play where they can only go back 6 years from the point of discovery.

Maybe I'm way off on this one but could it be possible that we've been talking with the prem league for a while and we've admitted our guilt. Some sort of settlement has been agreed which would involve a huge fine and points deduction, but the hearing still has to take place anyway.
It's could be another reason as to why we aren't spending this summer.

Maybe I'm way off on this one but could it be possible that we've been talking with the prem league for a while and we've admitted our guilt. Some sort of settlement has been agreed which would involve a huge fine and points deduction, but the hearing still has to take place anyway.
Would make no sense. First of all if Pep was a man of his word he would be gone as surely he would know by now we’ve pled guilty, also goes against everything Khaldoon has said too.

Hopefully you're way off, judging from what Khaldoon said a couple of season back I very much doubt City are admitting to anything tbh

If it’s deemed legal the Premier League’s argument ends up on rocky ground with Mancini’s wages and player image rights. This then becomes a civil matter where the limitations act comes into play where they can only go back 6 years from the point of discovery.
It could be perfectly legal and still breach PL rules. It is not illegal to invest too much money in a business but it breaches PL rules. The Mancini stuff is surely bollocks anyway because the initial contract was agreed three years before FFP came in,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.