PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Season off to a flyer. We'll done PL - constantly undermining us.

Would go a long way if the club just reiterated our "irrefutable" stance. Just for morale.
Lump on us winning all trophies and beating the invincibles record.

They still don't realise how this shit motivates our players.

I, for one, would walk away from football completely if the scenario you're proposing ever came to pass. What point is there to supporting your club if what sustains every fan's passion - the ongoing potential to change your history of domestic endeavour - is swept away with the stroke of a pen? Do we really want to replace all that with a superficial so-called super league for the elite clubs of world football in which only the extremely well off could afford to travel to away games on a regular basis? If ordinary match attending fans already feel alienated by rocketing ticket prices, imagine what clubs like ours will be charging in the event we're playing the likes of Real, Barca and Bayern repeatedly! Equally, if an ESL were to proceed without City, where's the incentive for fans to watch a PL without the prospect of putting the red shirt teams and Spurs to the sword? Surely, the ultimate illustration of such folly is a season without a derby match, something the vast majority of fans would never countenance.

I'm not proposing anything. My post was in response to a previous poster who suggested that an ESL would be a disaster for the PL. I think the importance of united, liverpool and arsenal to the PL and the attraction of playing Real and Barca more often are overstated. Maybe 20 years ago, not now. I was assuming that City wouldn't be invited given how we brought it down last time.

I twist and turn on this whole debacle.

Ive mentioned before that i was in the company of someone who is deeply involved , on a city level, with the legal side and he was totally bullish and reassuring that we will win.
But the. I swing to ,’if its all bullshit how have the prem got this so very wrong in going after their best club , a founder member, so aggressively, if they werent sure they had a cast iron case!!

I guess we will soon know

I'm not proposing anything. My post was in response to a previous poster who suggested that an ESL would be a disaster for the PL. I think the importance of united, liverpool and arsenal to the PL and the attraction of playing Real and Barca more often are overstated. Maybe 20 years ago, not now. I was assuming that City wouldn't be invited given how we brought it down last time.
Apologies Noggsy. Didn't mean to misrepresent you in any way. I'm pretty sure we actually agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.