PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It will be nice for us to see us proven innocent.
But even that verdict won’t change the view from everyone else - they’ll still think we’re guilty, thanks to the media pushing that narrative.
No wonder City may go after journalists for libel and defamation.
We shouldn't be unduly concerned about what know nowt rival fans, bloggers and podders think or say.....they are not know nowts for nothing !!

Sanctioning 'professional' journalists for their years of publishing lies, mistruths,distortions etc & et al however is imo an entirely different matter.

Irrespective of our continued sporting success and commercial growth, our integrity,reputation,credibility and popularity in the UK has been traduced and impaired by an orchestrated campaign by the UK media.

It may be difficult to quantity but it has happened, which is why semi sensible people without a dog in the fight raise "cheats, oil club,115, state owned, more players etc etc" as soon as they know you're a City fan ( happened to me again yesterday by a senior partner in a London accountancy practice).

He was genuinely surprised when I responded with the background and the facts.

Anyhow up....the publicity during and after the case hearing, and following our being cleared of all significant charges, will ramp up to almost hysterical levels little of which will be positive.

I very sincerely hope that, in their own time and way, the club use the silver bullet in a snipers single barrelled rifle to drop the snidey culprits one by one, but only after burying them up to their necks in the Abu Dhabi Empty Quarter and smearing their heads with Robertson's jam.

Maharaba !!

When we are found innocent, the those who continue to say we aren't might well find themselves in court for slander, or and libel.

If these opinions are correct and we will be be basically found innocent of the crimes (got away with it) we will see these scribblers who write for the national press (and who think by doing so gives some credence of expertise ) slam into reverse in the coming weeks. But the haters on line like Goldfingered and Football Insider/365 will a need a legal slap.
Jordan will say we bought our way out of it by having the best lawyers in the world and that will be the narrative to beat us with.

We will never be "cleared" in the public court of debate.

We've been found guilty numerous times by client journalist working on behalf of the truly corrupt red shirted teams.

Maybe I'm way off on this one but could it be possible that we've been talking with the prem league for a while and we've admitted our guilt. Some sort of settlement has been agreed which would involve a huge fine and points deduction, but the hearing still has to take place anyway.
It's could be another reason as to why we aren't spending this summer.

This is such a you post mate.

One of Ziegler's colleagues at The Times is Owen Slot. Owen's wife is Juliet Slot, who is Chief Commercial Officer at Arsenal.
Yes and some of his other colleagues have very good sources at LFC. To be fair I have no problem with any of that. The Times is entitled to cover the story. My issue has always been the people who leak the information in bad faith. The poison starts with some senior people at the PL who are too close to certain Club Directors. Leaking information from an ongoing legal case (civil, criminal quasi judicial) is just corruption in my book.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.