PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I'm not disagreeing, but my post was aimed at those who follow the naïve logic that the abuse will cease once we're exonerated
If & i still think it's a big if, we are exonerated, the abuse will get even worse.
The gnashing of teeth & pure venom will be a sight to behold, we aint seen nothing yet

Assuming no smoking gun, (which considering the number of PL leaks on other matters is highly unlikely) then I'm inclined to follow the logic of our main experts, and believe that ultimately City will be exonerated from the serious charges, essentially because:

1/CAS has already found in our favour
2/ The charges are so serious and the threshold so high that it will be virtually impossible to prove without reasonable doubt that City deliberately lied

However, I also believe that this will be reported in such a "no smoke without fire" shitstorm that the general consensus will be that City "got off" on a technicality

It won't particularly bother me, but those looking forward to our day in the sun, will be in for a shock.
Agree with all this as the most likely outcome but what happens in the aftermath? I can't see anyone in the senior PL leadership team surviving. The media can't gloss over the fact they have lost multiple millions (perhaps up to £100m) on this farcical witchunt. The PL clubs have all subsidised this madness. The fall-out will be huge. Presumably some sort of crisis-management plan has been prepared, perhaps involving the new regulator. This will have been a disastrous PR disaster and a laughable defence of "we were right to enforce the rules" will not wash.

Agree with all this as the most likely outcome but what happens in the aftermath? I can't see anyone in the senior PL leadership team surviving. The media can't gloss over the fact they have lost multiple millions (perhaps up to £100m) on this farcical witchunt. The PL clubs have all subsidised this madness. The fall-out will be huge. Presumably some sort of crisis-management plan has been prepared, perhaps involving the new regulator. This will have been a disastrous PR disaster and a laughable defence of "we were right to enforce the rules" will not wash.
Will it?
From the PL perspective they believed they had grounds to investigate us and did so. If/when we are vindicated, they simply say the IC has shown there was no case to answer and that their robust investigation/enforcement measures have been proved to work and that no club is above the rules.

Exactly, there's so much pressure to find us guilty whether we are guilty or not.

If it was an actual legitimate judge I'd be much more confident but this so called independent commission doesn't fill me with confidence.
Do you seriously believe a KC would fudge evidence to find us guilty due to media pressure? City would ask for the evidence and his reputation would be in tatters. Not happening.

Will it?
From the PL perspective they believed they had grounds to investigate us and did so. If/when we are vindicated, they simply say the IC has shown there was no case to answer and that their robust investigation/enforcement measures have been proved to work and that no club is above the rules.
I can think of one club who seem to be above the rules.

Will it?
CAS were accused of being corrupt. By the media! There'll be massive fallout for them if we are (In the eyes of the media and fans and opposition cubs - But mainly the media) found innocent.

The whole country has been fed the line that we are guilty. They cannot even appreciate it is an accusation or that City have denied it. It is how guilty City are.

The media will want punishment if we are found innocent. They will demand heads to roll just because those in charge couldnt make the charges stick. The fans will lap that up, the media will satisfy that demand, that whole insidious loop starts until someone is sacked.

CAS were accused of being corrupt. By the media! There'll be massive fallout for them if we are (In the eyes of the media and fans and opposition cubs - But mainly the media) found innocent.

The whole country has been fed the line that we are guilty. They cannot even appreciate it is an accusation or that City have denied it. It is how guilty City are.

The media will want punishment if we are found innocent. They will demand heads to roll just because those in charge couldnt make the charges stick. The fans will lap that up, the media will satisfy that demand, that whole insidious loop starts until someone is sacked.

One of the cunts at CAS was corrupt. How he voted against us should still have been investigated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.