PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Ok - link is below...................

Please ensure that you have strong nerve and some bleach available - as a sampler:

MH41

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
xx.gif

Re: 115 charges for the scorched earth cheating bastards on & off the pitch

« Reply #8026 on: Today at 11:04:02 am »

- Stripped of all trophies won during the period.
- expelled from the PL
- relegated to league 2
- unable to be promoted to the PL for 10 years regardless of their results.
- a 10 year ban on any incoming signings
- clubs to be financially reimbursed for financial losses.
- supporters of all clubs to receive a backdated award of money, to go out and celebrate the trophies they were cheated out of. £500 per trophy.
- no games shown live on TV. And all games to be 12.30 kick offs.
- no entry into the FA cup or League cup.
- to return the stadium they were 'gifted'.

That should do for starters.

Fancy a scouser being after compo!!!

Please ensure that you have strong nerve and some bleach available - as a sampler:

MH41

• Legacy Fan
xx.gif

- expelled from the PL
- relegated to league 2
- supporters of all clubs to receive a backdated award of money, to go out and celebrate the trophies they were cheated out of. £500 per trophy.

What a thick ****. Next…

MH41

• Legacy Fan
xx.gif

- expelled from the PL
- relegated to league 2

Jeez how THICK can somebody be. Lol

MH41

• Legacy Fan
xx.gif

- expelled from the PL
- relegated to league 2

Love it. Imagine the incandescent, infantile rage when none of that materialises.

I remember watching this when I was 14 (I think) and it has always stuck with me as a repudiation of anyone who believes anything absolutely. The whole episode is very emotional, but this bit I have never forgotten:

"This is the concentration camp and crematorium at Auschwitz. This is where people were turned into numbers. Into this pond were flushed the ashes of some four million people. And that was not done by gas. It was done by arrogance. It was done by dogma. It was done by ignorance. When people believe that they have absolute knowledge, with no test in reality, this is how they behave."

And he followed up with the Cromwell quote: "I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ. Think it possible you may be mistaken."

Not equating the holocaust with what the club and its fans are going through, obviously (he was comparing what happened in the concentration camps to the notion that science and the scientific process dehumanises people and turns them into numbers). In our case, though, the press shoulders most of the blame for perpetuating the arrogance, dogma and ignorance that is prevalent around the "115" "charges" and it is a damning indictment of their lack of morality and humanity.
My man.

Personally im buzzing for a season in the championship. Fucks off the day tripper tourists, tickets easier to get, and as long as most players stayed. We smash the championship 100 points and promoted again. Sets us back one year... consider it a sabbatical year

MH41

• Legacy Fan
xx.gif

- expelled from the PL
- relegated to league 2

All that, for what at worst is a bit of creative accounting, something that every business throughout the world, big and small, do on a daily basis.

For those that haven't read it, there's nothing new in that article to give any cause for concern from what I can see. Even if the quotes from "PL execs" are genuine, they will have no bearing on the case. They just read like fan fiction, the sort of wishful thinking you see on RAWK or Red Cafe when it come to prospective punishments. If anything, you can sense a bit of desperation that things may not go their way and this is a final throw of the dice to try and exert pressure on the IC.

I would say all that gives cause for concern.

Not as to the outcome (Crafton, the Athletic, the wider press, other clubs' owner and executives and even various experts, real or imaginary, have no bearing on the outcome). The only things that do are the evidence from the PL, the counter-evidence from the club and the three members of the panel.

But as to the state of the press. Draw an analogy with the recent riots being whipped up by the press constantly giving people what they want to hear, owned by people who want them to hear it. Again, I am not equating the seriousness of the two, but if there was ever to be violence at a football match because of it, and that is not impossible, I hope there would be the same degree of soul-searching.

MH41

• Legacy Fan
xx.gif

- expelled from the PL
- relegated to league 2

Any scouser worth their salt’s favourite word is “backdated”.

They are world class at applying it to their benefits.

For a lot of them it’s their first word as a baby.

Many of the them have it as their middle name.

His comment that”we have to enforce the rules” was an attempt to pressure the panel in my view. It could have annoyed them though. Judges and KCs hate this sort of thing in my experience.

I read it as they have to finalise the process if there is evidence of a breach and not sufficient counter-evidence to disprove it. I don't for a minute believe that is the case, btw, but I have some sympathy with the concept. If the club have withheld external evidence that would irrefutably prove their innocence, there is a chain of thought that the PL had no option but to refer the allegations. It's not something I think is right in this case, bearing in mind what was presented at CAS, but I can understanding the reasoning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.