PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Given the severity of the charges, and the potential penalties,I would say beyond reasonable doubt.
The charges are effectively saying we have committed fraud along with the auditors and several CEOs of global companies.
@Prestwich_Blue says it is civil. If follow-up criminal charges were issued after a judgement in the PL favour then I think it would be beyond reasonable doubt. Is that right Prestwich?

I remember watching this when I was 14 (I think) and it has always stuck with me as a repudiation of anyone who believes anything absolutely. The whole episode is very emotional, but this bit I have never forgotten:

"This is the concentration camp and crematorium at Auschwitz. This is where people were turned into numbers. Into this pond were flushed the ashes of some four million people. And that was not done by gas. It was done by arrogance. It was done by dogma. It was done by ignorance. When people believe that they have absolute knowledge, with no test in reality, this is how they behave."

And he followed up with the Cromwell quote: "I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ. Think it possible you may be mistaken."

Not equating the holocaust with what the club and its fans are going through, obviously (he was comparing what happened in the concentration camps to the notion that science and the scientific process dehumanises people and turns them into numbers). In our case, though, the press shoulders most of the blame for perpetuating the arrogance, dogma and ignorance that is prevalent around the "115" "charges" and it is a damning indictment of their lack of morality and humanity.

Scousers are weird ****'s!

What a thick ****. Next…

Ok - link is below...................

Please ensure that you have strong nerve and some bleach available - as a sampler:

MH41

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
xx.gif

Re: 115 charges for the scorched earth cheating bastards on & off the pitch

« Reply #8026 on: Today at 11:04:02 am »

- Stripped of all trophies won during the period.
- expelled from the PL
- relegated to league 2
- unable to be promoted to the PL for 10 years regardless of their results.
- a 10 year ban on any incoming signings
- clubs to be financially reimbursed for financial losses.
- supporters of all clubs to receive a backdated award of money, to go out and celebrate the trophies they were cheated out of. £500 per trophy.
- no games shown live on TV. And all games to be 12.30 kick offs.
- no entry into the FA cup or League cup.
- to return the stadium they were 'gifted'.

That should do for starters.

It's a good job we didn't kill 39 Italian Inter fans in Istanbul! Imagine what he would want our punishment to be then!

Hope the club has looked into the PL deals with the Rags which have been been hush hush. 1st they relaxed the rules they brought in on UEFA FFP rules the other year and allowed the Rags to increase their wage ratio at a time they had lots of senior players contracts up for renewals and also spent big in the transfer window, which went very quietly below the radar and not picked up by any media of course, and more recently the outrageous covid claims to allow them to pass PSR, again no media reporting it so fans of other clubs totally unaware of it i bet

@Prestwich_Blue says it is civil. If follow-up criminal charges were issued after a judgement in the PL favour then I think it would be beyond reasonable doubt. Is that right Prestwich?
I understood it that way too. I can’t imagine the Police or HMRC sitting back whilst The Premier League get their shit together for the rule breach hearing before getting involved themselves. If they had any evidence of SERIOUS wrongdoing then surely there’d be pictures of uniformed officers or officials seizing documents or computers.

My guess is we’ll either be found not to have breached any rules or maybe breach of minor rules that have in the past resulted in fines for the likes of the rags of £100k or so.

Reactions: mac
Not a chance. Our media department bends over backwards for these bastards.

I know a solicitor that worked for City and when I asked why journalists and organisations weren't being sued or banned he said it's because our media department are friends with them all.

Not to keep the enemy close either.

Think they have a genuine belief that one day we might be praised the way the red shirts are.

If we bend over backward for them, why have we only made one brief statement since the charges were made, surely if we bent over backward for them, they would be allowed to ask Pep about it in press conferences.

How would a Solicitor know what relationship the Club have with the press, more so why would he risk his job by telling his mate?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.