PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I see Jordan is turning into prime Martin Samuel. How embarrassing for him after the bollocks he has spouted for so many years.

Tbf, he said he was wrong and was naive and he now feels PSR (as it is) isn't achieving any good for the game. He also says the PL needs leadership to decide what it wants financial regulation to achieve and how.

On YouTube as part of @slbsn 's talks this morning. He must have been reading Bluemoon :)
Despite one or two on this forum saying he was actually quite smart, he's always come across as limited in his understanding of many things to me and this backtracking just substantiated that. Throwing in a few big words ala Joey Barton does not make a person intelligent.

Despite one or two on this forum saying he was actually quite smart, he's always come across as limited in his understanding of many things to me and this backtracking just substantiated that. Throwing in a few big words ala Joey Barton does not make a person intelligent.
Yep - but it's a shortcut to fooling many.

Stop being so obstropolous.

His opinions of the Chelsea situation have utterly destroyed his reputation on any opinions he has in terms of financial governance in football.

He was defending the Chelsea spending yesterday which for someone whom has vilified our owner I find simply incredible.

In Simons own words, a dollar for donuts, the man is a wanker.

Last edited:
That's very interesting. I had a quick look and the average number of personnel employed by the club during the year went down from 476 in 2012 to 314 in 2014 (less 125 football staff and less 37 commercial and admin staff) which is what you would expect having sold the scouting and other IP (including the relevant staff) to CFG in 2013. The average in 2013, btw, was 449 in 2013 but that makes sense as it's an average and the transaction happened near the end of the year. Wages decreased by 38 million between 2012 and 2013, again as you would expect.

As you say, wages went up considerably between 2016 and 2017 and so did staff numbers, up from 320 in 2016 to 449 in 2018 (again using a two year comparison to eliminate the averaging effect in 2017). This brought the staff numbers back into line with the pre-IP sale numbers of 2012.

Do you think it's possible the two revenue-generating IP deals (coaching IP to CFG and image rights to Fordham) were both cancelled in 2017, leading to the increase in staff numbers and wages? Why in 2017? Not sure, but could it be to do with the end of the monitoring period as part of the 2014 settlement?
You're right and I already knew that. Doh. The employees (or most of them) at one of the spun-off companies came back onto City's books. In my defence, it was late when I posted that.

He seems to have become a lot smarter about a lot of things since @slbsn has been going on Talksport, despite his pathetic growling. Maybe there is some hope for him after all.

You bastard. Can't get that image out of my head.

Or disassociate it from that look on Jordan's face when he was calling Keown a wally, disturbingly.
Just Imagine a threesome of Simon, Ron and Martin, taking it in turns with Jim White on commentary!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.