PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

We were cleared by CAS for all UEFA investigations. PL can't stop us from entering the FIFA CWC.
You may think so but the PL hold the tickets into UEFA competitions, and if they were to put sanctions in place then the retrospective withdrawal from our competition, and therefore there’s, would have consequences.

Not saying it will happen, but not far off how far they would go if they were allowed to get away with it.

Never mind the Abramovic era, what about the Boehli era? All those signings, all those player wages, a small stadium and 2 years with no CL football? By which measure are they within FFP or PSR? Scandalous
I've noticed the lack of outrage there too but we'll get to that. The current investigation has more parallels to the 115 than break even issues. Clubs like Everton and Forest... Even Newcastle and Villa should be on that. I've not seen many 'It's against the spirit of the rules' arguments for their many loopholes yet either. There are so many examples of double standards from all involved, from the governing bodies(UEFA and the PL), to the UK sports media and beyond.

Update to the Fordham issue: There was something at the back of my mind about this so I went back to check something.

Our wage bill increased by over 30% for no apparent reason from 2016 to 2017. I couldn't understand or explain this at the time, as we'd won nothing in Pep's first season, so it couldn't be performance related, but I'd take a guess that this was the Fordham payments going onto the club wage bill. That doesn't necessarily mean they weren't declared to UEFA though.

The increase was aboit £65m from 2016's £197m, so around a third, which suggests all the Fordham payments from 2013 onwards were accumulated for that increase, as about £12-13m per annum seemed to be going through Fordham.

That means Fordham was not an issue after the 2016 financial year.

That's very interesting. I had a quick look and the average number of personnel employed by the club during the year went down from 476 in 2012 to 314 in 2014 (less 125 football staff and less 37 commercial and admin staff) which is what you would expect having sold the scouting and other IP (including the relevant staff) to CFG in 2013. The average in 2013, btw, was 449 in 2013 but that makes sense as it's an average and the transaction happened near the end of the year. Wages decreased by 38 million between 2012 and 2013, again as you would expect.

As you say, wages went up considerably between 2016 and 2017 and so did staff numbers, up from 320 in 2016 to 449 in 2018 (again using a two year comparison to eliminate the averaging effect in 2017). This brought the staff numbers back into line with the pre-IP sale numbers of 2012.

Do you think it's possible the two revenue-generating IP deals (coaching IP to CFG and image rights to Fordham) were both cancelled in 2017, leading to the increase in staff numbers and wages? Why in 2017? Not sure, but could it be to do with the end of the monitoring period as part of the 2014 settlement?

Last edited:
I've noticed the lack of outrage there too but we'll get to that. The current investigation has more parallels to the 115 than break even issues. Clubs like Everton and Forest... Even Newcastle and Villa should be on that. I've not seen many 'It's against the spirit of the rules' arguments for their many loopholes yet either. There are so many examples of double standards from all involved, from the governing bodies(UEFA and the PL), to the UK sports media and beyond.
I think the lack of outrage has a lot to do with Chelsea currently being a bit of a joke on the pitch. If they were winning shit loads of trophies like we’re currently doing then it would be different. Simply put, no United/Liverpool/Arsenal fans are that arsed about Chelsea at the moment as they’re not a barrier to them winning trophies, whereas the best team in the world - us - are. Which is all rather ironic because 20 years ago after Abramovich bought Chelsea the fans of all those clubs were very much arsed about Chelsea, accusing them of ruining football, buying trophies, and other hackneyed shite.

Such is the sheer fuckwittery of these people that if, hypothetically, City end up getting fully exonerated by the IC and Chelsea end up getting found guilty of all kinds of dodgy stuff, these cunts will still try and claim that City are bent without giving a toss about Chelsea.

If I was being giving the media the benefit of the doubt it’s because nothing has happened yet with the current stuff or even the Abramovich stuff but I was annoyed last night on talkSPORT they called it like an accounting trick and said things like we do not know who they will sell yet etc

They passed PSR rules by selling a hotel they owned back to themselves. All above board, nothing to see hear! Lol

Seems that it's allowed to sell a hotel to yourself and your own woman's team to yourself! Maybe they'll sell those 15/20 players who are training with the u21 back to themselves for 300m!? Also if you can sell your own woman's team back to yourself what's stopping them selling there u21 team back to themselves

Seems that it's allowed to sell a hotel to yourself and your own woman's team to yourself! Maybe they'll sell those 15/20 players who are training with the u21 back to themselves for 300m!? Also if you can sell your own woman's team back to yourself what's stopping them selling there u21 team back to themselves
im sure all this is going in the bank for the defence team when it is argued what is and isnt above board and why certain things were allowed and why they arent, the bottom line of all this is that they were trying to stop investment into the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.