PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Has anyone else considered this?

City have been fined £22m for a number of instances of players being late onto the pitch.
I wonder if the PL are trying to get some cash in the bank for when they lose the case, and have to pay costs and damages?

Anyone else think this?
£2 mill not 22

City have been fined £22m for a number of instances of players being late onto the pitch.
I wonder if the PL are trying to get some cash in the bank for when they lose the case, and have to pay costs and damages?

Anyone else think this?

Slight exaggeration.

Reactions: CC1

Anyone else think this?
NO.

You're only £20 MILLION out !!

The answer to Magic Twats question...

City say the above proves the Etihad sponsorship monies were funded partly from Etihad funds and partly from ADEC (Abu Dhabi Executive Council/Committee) central funds.
Great post, I just want to suggest you change the above part. The quote below, provided by Stefan to me a while back, is part of the summary provided on page 26 of the CAS report. It suggests it all came from different accounts of Etihad itself, so ADEC may not have been needed to facilitate any of it.

"Mr Pearce explains that he understood that £8 million was available from the airline's marketing budget, with the remainder coming from Etihad’s central funds."

The only caveat, is that this is only what Mr Pearce understood to be the case. I'm guessing nobody from City's side or Etihad's corrected/contradicted this at any point during the CAS hearing(I suppose even if they didn't it doesn't mean he's 100% correct). I was thinking myself,that it was likely that Abu Dhabi itself had a 'central marketing fund' that could be used by all of their companies for any additional marketing expenses that arise. They probably do, regardless of whatever happened in Etihad's situation. I imagine it's the same with Qatar and Saudi, it just makes sense because they all invest a lot into marketing their brands.

As has been said previously - the process is the punishment. The relentless media attacks on our club have been carefully orchestrated by the PL. they know we have done nothing wrong but this whole exercise was designed to tarnish our club and its achievements. When we are cleared it will be presented as a technicality and our guilt assumed by the masses. Job done.
For me it's job only half done because their goal is to get rid of us so they can win again.
Tarnished forever, I'm not so sure, nobody likes a serial winner.

I've finally got round to doing the second part of my article on the PL charges on my substack.

Good work, PB. Good to know that we are all all the same page, more or less. I don't remember reading your first part. I will go back and find it.

Just one thing. The timing of the allegations about payments to players suggests it is more than just Fordham. The allegations cover 2010/11-2015/16 iirc. Fordham wasn't operating until 2013 I think? On the other hand, those dates tie in to when Touré was contracted at the club. Maybe a combination of the two?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.