PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

As Jordan said, there is undeniably case to answer. I hate it when he is right. How the evidence falls on the balance of probabilities depends not just on what the evidence is, but how it is presented and argued. I am comfortable that the club's legal team are competent enough to present what the club calls irrefutable evidence very well, but I am also sure the PL thinks their team is competent enough to challenge it.

If you have been involved in employment cases, I am sure you have experienced situations where one side or the other thinks it's a slam dunk, but something happens to sway the balance the other way?

I guess the PL consider the chance of just coming away with, say, a non-cooperation success far outweighs the damage that would be caused by dropping the case.
Oh yes I definitely think the PL think they have a case to answer but who knows if what they think is correct.

As far as slam dunks I don't think I have ever felt that way but on cases you bring you have to be confident and ensure you have the evidence and procedures has been followed to prevent arguments of failure in process. Basically ensuring you have enough to prevent opposition pulling apart your arguments and evidence. If you do not have this confidence or evidence i would say at that point you should not take to a hearing and should record a no case to answer in your investigative report(but that's just my opinion)

Very occasionally new evidence comes to light so you are correct it's never 100%.

That sounds very plausible to me. Masters comments suggest they are using that narrative: “We tried to enforce the rules. The panel will decide.” But he’s a moron. The media will tear him to pieces if the PL lose on the main allegations.
They will tearing him to pieces because city weren't hung, drawn and quartered though (irrespective of guilt), rather than the fact that he pursued this shambolic witch hunt in the first place.

They will tearing him to pieces because city weren't hung, drawn and quartered though (irrespective of guilt), rather than the fact that he pursued this shambolic witch hunt in the first place.
Absolutely. In fact I think the media are already starting to turn against him. The PL is involved in costly legal battles with Chelsea, Newcastle, Leicester, Everton, Forest, City. None of these clubs are in danger of going bust. Most of them are trying to be ambitious.This is total lunacy.

Absolutely. In fact I think the media are already starting to turn against him. The PL is involved in costly legal battles with Chelsea, Newcastle, Leicester, Everton, Forest, City. None of these clubs are in danger of going bust. Most of them are trying to be ambitious.This is total lunacy.

Even Jordan saying the PL needs better leadership. That's a sign.

As has been said previously - the process is the punishment. The relentless media attacks on our club have been carefully orchestrated by the PL. they know we have done nothing wrong but this whole exercise was designed to tarnish our club and its achievements. When we are cleared it will be presented as a technicality and our guilt assumed by the masses. Job done.
Unfortunately correcto.

Even peeps with no dog in the fight, and no interest in football or sport, open conversations with "what aboot those 100s of charges for cheating".

Nowadays I only respond with "wait and see" as I have neither the time nor inclination to inform their minds.

Fortunately our exponentially expanding young, and increasingly international fans, are only interested in our winning football style, along with Braut & Jack.

'Suffer the little children & bring them to me'.

In time, as City's supremacy & pre eminence becomes a more powerful influence than the bozo shit we've contended with in the last decade +, attitudes will change amongst the multitudes who weren't born when the red cartel were corrupting their way through the early days of Sly & the PL, and the era of 'Destroy City'.

The sun lit uplands of glorious supremacy are glowing in the distance for City and the only question being asked will be "were you at York" !!

XXXXXXXXX

Oh, Gundog went to Barca
and had a liccle look,
They said they couldn't keep him, his missus said thank fuck.
They got onto the blower
and said the past is past,
Pep said YES i like it
lets all meet at Tast !!

To the tune and rhythm of ' My old man's a recycling operative' !!
Perhaps the purpose of the PL witch-hunt is just to damage City. UEFA had no evidence. They were bluffing and tried to get City to settle. It was political. They wanted to be seen to be doing something. Perhaps the PL have made the same mistake. Masters has nothing on his CV which suggests he has any skills to be a CEO of the PL. He is just another bluffer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.