PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Honestly, I think we’re on a hiding to nothing with this ‘independent’ commission. I think we’ll be found guilty no matter what evidence we can produce and that they’ll hit us hard with the punishments. We’ll challenge it in the courts which is where we’ll ultimately be victorious, as in, we get to stay in the league. Lots of damage will already have been done though. We’ll have missed out on big players and our name will have been dragged through the mud for several years.
In a nutshell

To be honest, we must take our fair share of responsibility with the way things have turned out.

Instead of calling out FFP for being bullshit from the get go and taking it to court, we pulled our pants down and took one for the team. All in the hope that we could then become one of the cartel.

I think it would be naive to suggest that we haven’t used some form of creative accounting over the years to comply with FFP. The issue for us it that by attempting to comply, it shows we accepted the rules. Therefore, leaving us open to these accusations.

Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised to see us end up with some minor points deduction/transfer ban for some of the lesser charges but find ourselves cleared of the major ones. This allows the accusations to stick, the hateful 8 to take advantage of our short term pain but feels like a pinch overall.

When you consider how scrutinised City’s accounts have been since the takeover, I find it hard to believe there will be a smoking gun to show we’ve fiddled the books nearly every year. Also, the 100+ charges screams of the PL throwing everything they can at us and hoping something sticks.

Obviously the PL will have a scouse lawyer who will do it free of charge and all for the love of the game

I see that its Rob Harris tweeting, just block him and anyone like him.

They have already decided our guilt. If/when we're found not guilty on the serious charges they will maintain dishonesty and political maneuvering because they just can't compute how little ol' City has overtaken their beloved rags.

Them and pundits like Carragher's worldview is stuck in the late 90's and early 00's. utd and arsenal are the top dogs followed by liverpool etc.

I would love Khaldoon to come out fighting. I have wished he had a much higher profile for years. But I really think this is the time to be cautious. It is just too risky to go public. I think City's best strategy is to be very proactive behind closed doors, especially with media outlets who publish damaging and unfair content. We need to be robust and relentless in defending our position privately but a video could backfire.
And do not send any fucking e-mails !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.