PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Obviously we are the jewel in the crown and NYC may well be worth the huge investment in a new stadium eventually but the rest of CFG is hardly worth bothering with. I don't get the implied 5.5 billion valuation the new share issue shows. I also don't understand how the multi club model benefits Manchester City as I couldn't give a rats arse about any of the other clubs.
I don't want to go off-track, but I would think that there are going to be significant benefits for CITY from the multi-club strategy. Long-term, it must be greatly contributing to our global brand and more practically, the route though which Savinho was brought to the club seems to have been supported by our model.

I don't want to go off-track, but I would think that there are going to be significant benefits for CITY from the multi-club strategy. Long-term, it must be greatly contributing to our global brand and more practically, the route though which Savinho was brought to the club seems to have been supported by our model.
off topic but it took years for academy to bear fruit and make millions i guess finding talent is goal

That’s the point… won’t three PL appointed judges vote with the PL just as the UEFA judge did regardless of the facts. Hardly instils confidence in the legal profession the way the UEFA judge behaved.
I get your point. I think @projectriver answered it a few times though.

I think the fact that CAS found us innocent of the main charges might make it more difficult for the PL or put another way the PL panel will at least be aware of the CAS ruling and may need “new” rock solid evidence.

off topic but it took years for academy to bear fruit and make millions i guess finding talent is goal
Yes and no.
Whilst we have found Phil, Rico and Oscar, the main and hidden success of the academy is in boosting our transfer sales. Since 2014 sales fro,e the academy top 375m euros

From transfermarket:

If you take Man City’s income from their youth academy and treat it as a separate club, it would rank thirteenth among all clubs in England for transfer income since 2014. A figure which stands just short of what Arsenalhave made from all transfer sales in that period of time and less than €100m short of Brighton's famed ability to sell star players in the window. Which, again, just goes to show how huge and profitable an operation Man City are running in their youth academy.

My take on its is that this is the main reason for the academy and if we can pick up one or two first team players every couple of years then that's a Brucie bonus.
The other real benefit is 100s of kids get prepared for professional football whilst being coached in the right way and receiving a top education. Winner all round.

Over three years a total of >£40M
The PL gave the rags the same for Covid losses plus £35 more in relation to the sale of 27% of £1B of rags debt to Scruffy Jim
Numbers, eh? They don't half do your head in, don't they? (well, they do mine..!)

'115' (whatever that might be) is 'huge', 'enormous', 'unprecedented' according to the venal, tribal UK sports media; whereas £40M + £35M in one financial year is simply explained away as a case of 'nothing to see here.. move on, folks' according to a self-appointed, self-publicising 'football finance expert' (..I think not!)

What's been going on is as plain as the nose on your face (well, my hooter is at any rate!)..

George Orwell wouldn't half have had some fun writing about all of this farrago since 2008 (and yes, he would rightly include valid, appropriate criticism of City in it all..)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.