PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Have a read of @slbsn and @prestwichblue substack pieces mate.

They break the alleged breaches down, the CAS judgement and City’s likely defence/rebuttal.

The best articles on the subject you’ll find and will help with your questions.
I appreciate the efforts made by these sources and I found Prestwichblue informative in the past but at this stage I am like a lot of people just anxious to get this matter settled once and for all. Whatever the outcome I'm sure books will be written and maybe even movies made about it all down the line.

We just don't know what this cash injection is for. Could be anything; the stadium in New York, our stadium expansion, another acquisition or something else.

The thing that bothers me is that, whereas City generate huge cash flows, the rest of CFG gobbles up cash overall, with no end in sight. Of course the Sheikh can afford it and may even consider it a price worth paying to support some wider objective but it's a shit business proposition in my view.
If they have global ambitions, they are forced to fund them somehow, but in the short term it looks a bit suicidal. If this is Silver Lake, they are obviously confident.
Is Melbourne still loss making, I wonder. What are the prospects for the Indian club? Can we get inside the good Sheik’s mind?
Don’t forget, the ping pong cheat says City hide their losses in CFG which accounts for CFG’s negative results!

Will it though? I find it hard to believe there'll be any outrage whatsoever in the event of a bum decision. The MSM and red stooges on Social Media will laud any guilty verdict, irrespective of any sub-standard application of the law
The credibility of KCs etc rests with the profession, not the press.

The only explanation I have ever read, apart from the conspiracy theories that the other judges were biased, corrupt and incompetent (which clearly isn't true, because it would more likely be true the other way), was on here from @KS55 (was it?) that it was traditional for CAS arbitrators to support the view given by the party appointing them. I am not sure if that was serious, but I was going to look through some other CAS judgments to check it out.

Don't forget though, we are dealing with people here. Nothing is guaranteed in any legal case. The club's position is clearly that they have the evidence to counter the PL's position. I think we need to respect that and trust the process.
Yes, I can’t remember where I picked that up from but I would not quote it if it had not seemed kosher at the time. Hope I haven’t misled everybody!

I appreciate the efforts made by these sources and I found Prestwichblue informative in the past but at this stage I am like a lot of people just anxious to get this matter settled once and for all. Whatever the outcome I'm sure books will be written and maybe even movies made about it all down the line.
Khoolhand playing himself?

Yes, I can’t remember where I picked that up from but I would not quote it if it had not seemed kosher at the time. Hope I haven’t misled everybody!
But will it matter the people who hire top KC do so on the basis of cases won not one verdict on a panel plus there is the tax rank principle

From what I have heard, you’re dealing with an entirely different situation here.

If the IP find city guilty, by default, they’re also finding a number of international companies guilty also. That guilt will be based on the fraudulent production of published and audited inland revenue accounts.

That judgment will have to be on a rock solid legal footing because it will be challenged by those caught in association of the verdict.

The connotations are wide ranging and could run for years.
The CAS judgment had to be rock solid surely ? Plus don’t both for and against do a summing up explainer like you get at US Supreme Court

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.