PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I don't want to go off-track, but I would think that there are going to be significant benefits for CITY from the multi-club strategy. Long-term, it must be greatly contributing to our global brand and more practically, the route though which Savinho was brought to the club seems to have been supported by our model.
I agree and many clubs are now trying to follow our lead.

Highly complex because they have to go through every document and every sponsorship as masters and the red puppets have come to the conclusion that we couldn't possibly run so professionally and not be on the fiddle.

I'm just wondering if the HMRC and The Fraud Squad will be asking our owners and CEO's any questions as we're being accused of Fraud on a humongous scale.

And Omar Berrada will be grilled surely as he was the main man for sponsorship deals and the like.

I'm sure the press will be all over that as the trial continues.
Not sure how it works but I assumed that our audited accounts have been published and the Inland Revenue have assessed them for tax purposes. Surely n.b. not Shirley which is a girls name, they would have investigated if they thought the accounts were spurious.

And Maguire is becoming one. I lost faith in him when he said he had received and reviewed the APT documentation from "someone in the press" on a podcast by then @slbsn said he had told him he didn't have it. Either he was doing a Goldbridge or he realised he erred in mentioning it. Probably the latter. Either way, it's a good way to lose trust.

They all do it, if course. Say things to stay relevant in social media. They have to care about stuff like that if they want to make a career out there. You can add financial "experts" to journalists as clickbait merchants. Shame, really.
I’d wager that his source and/or Maguire overstepped the mark. I heard the podcast and he’d clearly seen the document. If he (or his source) risked compromising the origin of the leak then he was probably told - in no uncertain terms - to backpedal and deny it. It made him look foolish but these things happen.

Is he on the panel?

(The panel of potential appointees, not the actual tribunal)
Not sure it’s public. But a sensible PL Judicial Chair would have recruited some additional members when the investigation started with a view to having the right resource of PL charged. I doubt they did!

Not sure how it works but I assumed that our audited accounts have been published and the Inland Revenue have assessed them for tax purposes. Surely n.b. not Shirley which is a girls name, they would have investigated if they thought the accounts were spurious.
That's what happens in the normal world.

In Premier League world they live in a red parallel universe .

Highly complex because they have to go through every document and every sponsorship as masters and the red puppets have come to the conclusion that we couldn't possibly run so professionally and not be on the fiddle.

I'm just wondering if the HMRC and The Fraud Squad will be asking our owners and CEO's any questions as we're being accused of Fraud on a humongous scale.

And Omar Berrada will be grilled surely as he was the main man for sponsorship deals and the like.

I'm sure the press will be all over that as the trial continues.
Can anyone explain why hmrc might be involved if the allegations were proven? Wouldnt hmrc have already applied the standard rate of tax to the sponsorship amount in total and not care who paid what?

Can anyone explain why hmrc might be involved if the allegations were proven? Wouldnt hmrc have already applied the standard rate of tax to the sponsorship amount in total and not care who paid what?
Part of the seemingly bullshit allegations are that players and management were paid offbook therefore no paying paye & NI. HMRC would be allover it like a fly over sloppy cow pat.

Not sure it’s public. But a sensible PL Judicial Chair would have recruited some additional members when the investigation started with a view to having the right resource of PL charged. I doubt they did!
A bit of desktop inc the decisions we have seen gives me these 15 as the Judicial Panel (not sure if Murray Rosen should be one of 15). Could be slightly out of date. Mainly lawyers.
Murray Rosen KC
Mr Mark A. Hovell
Mr David Phillips KC
Mr James Drake KC
Mr Kwadjo Adjepong
Mr Robert Glancy KC
Mr Steve Holt FCA
Mr Michael Kaltz, FCA
His Honour Alan Greenwood
Mr Nick Igoe ACA
Sir David Foskett KC
Katherine Apps KC
Mr David Stern
Graeme McPherson KC
Dr Leanne O'Leary

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.