PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Not a lawyer, but never understood why the CAS ruling did not have clearly identified sections where the UEFA panel member justified his vote against City. As we know, the ruling states 11 times there was no evidence that proved private equity instead of Etihad sponsorship. Some have mentioned a legal convention where only the neutral panel member decides CAS verdicts, but that would mean EVERY ruling would be decided 2-1.
My guess is his justification was not published in public but was provided to City's legal team. Clearly that would provide very useful content ie help to re-inforce our defence for PL v MCFC.
I can't fully get my head round the claims here that the proposed panel members vote with those who proposed them. Never seen it claimed anywhere else and seems to defeat the purpose of having a three person panel.

Because of this 'convention' we have had years of the 'red-masses' bemoaning that we were allowed to get away on a technicality and that we appointed 2 of the judges. That narrative has been so effective it has become fact in so many peoples eyes.
Even if the vote had been unanimous, they'd still have said we got off on a technicality and that we chose 2 of the judges. The 'convention' (if it exists) wouldn't have changed that because they want us to be guilty no matter what the evidence shows

He published his objections in a newspaper article after CAS iirc, at least he got a junior in his law firm to do it making it clear it wasn't his opinion. But clearly it was. I could try to dig it out if I was arsed.
I had it bookmarked :)

You can register for free for up to 3 articles per week or month I think.

Oh dear oh dear……. Fried Chicken pairs best with fruity and lively wines such as Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir, and Sparkling Wine.
The bastard downing the KFC bucket with a Château Lafite-Rothschild. And as you say, fried chicken and champagne is an amazing pairing, a real Power Couple.

I had it bookmarked :)

You can register for free for up to 3 articles per week or month I think.
Good job he’s got a research assistant on the case !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.