PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Will there be opening statements?

"We're here because some clubs didn't want competition, fair or otherwise, and wanted to maintain a cartel. These rules were designed to affect competitors, new entrants to the limited number of clubs with money, or debt, and not to minimise risk of clubs getting into financial difficulties. That being said, we maintain that we have not broken any of these anti-competitive rules. The club has arranged its affairs accordingly, like other clubs claiming offsetting costs such as on new stadiums that never were built, hotels that aren't part of the footballing business, and most of United's offshore jiggery-pokery.

If I was on the panel I'd have found the use of the legal term "offshore jiggery-poker," sufficiently persuasive to dismiss the charges right there.

Oi! Get it correct..! Shakespeare never used 'iccle' but he did have Hamlet saying of his new step-father Claudius:

'An ickle-wickle more than kin and less than kind'

Makes all the difference , dear 'GFAB'..!
Yeah, and a couple years ago after we did the double the PL 115 chair and rag season ticket holder, Alison Brittain, was asked to comment on our success, and she spouted:-

"Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn and cauldron bubble..."

Anyway, that's what it sounded like to me...

Yeah, and a couple years ago after we did the double the PL 115 chair and rag season ticket holder, Alison Brittain, was asked to comment on our success, and she spouted:-

"Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn and cauldron bubble..."

Anyway, that's what it sounded like to me...
True.. But say what you like about old 'Wild Bill' Shakespeare, at least he (a) never asked to be paid 'off-contract' via some third-party arrangement like Fordham and (b) he could always be relied upon to track back and cover the defence..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.