PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Stefan was, I think, referring to the original rule on managers remuneration in which it is explicitly stated that the managers contract is the evidence needed. Well we submitted Mancini’s contract. His arrangement with Mansour is not part of his relationship with City. End of.

Yes, I think the point is that the "spirit of the rules" has died a death. The rules are the rules as written. If someone does something not against the actual written rules, it doesn't matter what the "spirit" is. The wording of any contract, any rule is important.

But they have been adopted. So they would have to be changed. This happens by a vote in general meeting. What happens if the PL doesn't get enough votes from the clubs to change?

Just a theoretical question out of interest. To see if seven clubs could cause a lot of nuisance if they aren't listened to .....

Yeah I was thinking you go back to the vote where they were adopted.

The PL have a top KC.
i know they do , it was tongue in cheek but you have to question the veracity of the kc based on the pls case with leicester and the fact he didnt advise the pl that the language in the rules was shaky at best.

Yes, I think the point is that the "spirit of the rules" has died a death. The rules are the rules as written. If someone does something not against the actual written rules, it doesn't matter what the "spirit" is. The wording of any contract, any rule is important.
Yup. The PL rules are to be applied in accordance with English law. The law has a ‘golden rule’ that documents must first and foremost be interpreted literally according to what the words state. The PL talking about ‘the original intention’ of the rule is just guff.

i know they do , it was tongue in cheek but you have to question the veracity of the kc based on the pls case with leicester and the fact he didnt advise the pl that the language in the rules was shaky at best.
Well, he may have done but was ignored. Masters is quite capable of that. I bet he has warned them of the deficiencies of the 115 case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.