PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Of the three psr cases so far the Premier League has got it wrong on two resulting in reduced punishments or thrown out completely.

Every case is different and has its own dynamics, however there seems to be a trend of the Premier League being incompetent in interpreting its own rules. There seems to be grey areas of whether it’s rules are actually legal and they can’t even do the basics right of issuing a press release notifying what City’s charges were back in February 2023.

Questions need to be asked whether the people running top level football in this country are fit for purpose and whose interests are they actually vested in. The press won’t because they have their gravy train to ride on of teams who play in red.

City’s case now cannot come soon enough, I fully expect the clubs legal team to rip the PL a new one.

After we’ve wiped the floor with them there should be a full & open enquiry.

I’d love to see Masters questioned about the motivations he had as the CEO to try & ruin clubs whilst stating he aim was to ensure clubs don’t get ruined.
We know what his motivation is. The key question or test that seems to be applied in these cases seems to be "Does this club's owner come from the east of the Greenwich Meridian? If yes, press charges. If no, ignore."

Time and time again one ir two here have said there is no right of appeal if we were to be found guilty. Everton appealed. Leicester have now won their appeal. And there seems to be a perception in the media, when discussing the timing, that this won't be concluded this season, as if we are found guilty, we will appeal.
Take it as that claim was indeed wrong then.

Time and time again one ir two here have said there is no right of appeal if we were to be found guilty. Everton appealed. Leicester have now won their appeal. And there seems to be a perception in the media, when discussing the timing, that this won't be concluded this season, as if we are found guilty, we will appeal.
Take it as that claim was indeed wrong then.
what have i always found strange with this whole thing is that what they are accusing of is a criminal offence yet it seems to exist outside the criminal laws.

what have i always found strange with this whole thing is that what they are accusing of is a criminal offence yet it seems to exist outside the criminal laws.

Is it a civil matter? If it is the limitations rules come into play and the premier league can’t even get a panel to consider aspects of the charges it let alone contest it.

781668.jpg

Manchester City lawyers team.

oh_no_its_selwyn_froggitt.jpg

Premier League lawyers team.
Magic

This is the key point. Leicester didn’t go bust. They invested money in their business to try and get back to the PL. it was a smart decision.
Be interesting to see Leinacres take on his beloved Leicester,he's made the odd snide comment on our case. Could get feisty if Everton get relegated on goal difference to Leicester.

Is it a civil matter? If it is the limitations rules come into play and the premier league can’t even get a panel to consider aspects of the charges it let alone contest it.
Well see this is where it is confusing to me essentially it is a civil matter as it is a governing body bringing charges against one of its members but the charges allege criminal activity so i dont understand why it falls outside the purview of HMRC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.