PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

@slbsn Does this Leicester ruling put paid to any attempt by the PL of charging Chelsea, Everton, Villa et al for acting in bad faith, as the PL had threatened to do, for their end of season "swap" deals, or, for that matter for Chelsea's non-footballing asset sales? After all, there is nothing in the rules to stop them specifically, and the "spirit of the rules" argument seems to have gone out of the window.

Those swap deals can't be picked up by APT either, I don't think because the rules were so specifically written with a 5% common shareholding rule deliberately to exclude clubs in the PL transacting with each other?

It seems to me the PL is in a bit of a mess credibility-wise. Hopefully, City can heap some more pressure on with a favourable verdict in the APT case.
I don't think LCFC changes anything on this

No charges yet and they approved that minor loophole of selling their own stuff to themselves while saying that no revenue from co-op live could count towards us

There is also off book payments investigation. Chelsea have admitted this, but so far no charges from the premier league. Investigation is still on-going apparently.

Yes. But what should give you confidence is the appeal process which worked in Leicester's favour. Completely unexpectedly. It's a game of 90 minutes don't forget. You get nothing for winning at half-time.

Iirc, the appeals panels are chosen from a different pool of experts, probably more experienced. It's a good thing they know they can reverse the original panel's verdict. I would imagine we are heading that way if we get an unfavourable outcome this time. So it bodes well, I think.
Wouldn't get too carried away on that. The appeal will find it ok to reverse issues of legal interpretation but findings of fact will be hard to reverse.

Leicester - Thai Owners
Everton - iranian Owners
Nottingham forest - Greek owners
Us - Abu dhabi owners

Four clubs charged and not a single american owner among them despite 50% of the league being under yank ownership.

So PL tell me you're racist without telling me you're racist.

It's just a coincidence. We all know that the Americans are upright people, want to rule the world with their way of life. If you live a different life style you are a threat to the usa and must be invaded. The Americans think we should all carry guns. Another sad shooting today of a young kiddy.

The world revolves around America it has its own world series where only America takes part ( I think two Canada teams do ) but ignore that lol.

The America plan for football is a closed shop.

Leicester - Thai Owners
Everton - iranian Owners
Nottingham forest - Greek owners
Us - Abu dhabi owners

Four clubs charged and not a single american owner among them despite 50% of the league being under yank ownership.

So PL tell me you're racist without telling me you're racist.
We could be the odd one out. They all have nice restaurants, apart from Abu Dhabi?

Yes. But what should give you confidence is the appeal process which worked in Leicester's favour. Completely unexpectedly. It's a game of 90 minutes don't forget. You get nothing for winning at half-time.

Iirc, the appeals panels are chosen from a different pool of experts, probably more experienced. It's a good thing they know they can reverse the original panel's verdict. I would imagine we are heading that way if we get an unfavourable outcome this time. So it bodes well, I think.

I hope so. My point was that I keep being assured that the IC is independent and made up of professional experts whose reputations are on the line, yet it didn't stop them applying what they subjectively believed was the "intention" or "spirit" of the rules rather than the rules themselves. That seems perverse to me and an indication that the IC are inclined to back the PL regardless. As you say, though, the Appeal gives me some grounds for optimism. Note to self: Try to find out who was on the original "Independent Commssion"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.