PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

When it comes to broadcasters and their advertisers milking and exploiting the masses of unthinking, herd following united "fans" particularly throughout SE Asia then I'm afraid City are still virtually a non-entity and irrelevance in commercial terms despite the trajectories the two clubs have taken in the last decade.

A lot of it is quite simply due to the colour of their shirts... red is considered a lucky colour throughout much of that part of the world and the largely uneducated and superstitious folks there will do anything to associate themselves with the colour red, including supporting who ever happens to be the most famous football team that plays in red which still happens to be united despite 10 years of failure and underachievement.
I live in SE Asia and United shirts are non existent. Unlike City shirts, it’s not 2003 anymore.

The only problem there is that given how the emails were obtained it would be almost impossible to ascertain that the emails were the original emails and not doctored in any way, so even with the metadata of the emails it would be extremely hard to present them and only them of evidence of wrongdoing you would basically have to have video footage of someone typing the email with a copy of the days paper next to him to confirm that those emails had not been doctored in anyway.

Did CAS not state that the "veracity" of the emails was not in question?

I thought that the originals had been viewed by CAS and that the edited version was essentially truthful. I thought City accepted that at CAS?

I thought also that the emails were said not to be enough on their own.

My thought about that is that the point of editing the emails was to give the impression of wrongdoing as separately they were less sensational. Just my opinion though.

If the emails say "we did x" but if the books and records show that didn't happen then I would have thought that would not necessarily establish guilt. I would think that City and their legal team would explain it away as a misunderstanding / misinterpretation.

The only problem there is that given how the emails were obtained it would be almost impossible to ascertain that the emails were the original emails and not doctored in any way, so even with the metadata of the emails it would be extremely hard to present them and only them of evidence of wrongdoing you would basically have to have video footage of someone typing the email with a copy of the days paper next to him to confirm that those emails had not been doctored in anyway.
or just compare the emails in question to all the emails the Premier league made City supply them with, presumably they would match if they have not been tampered with ;;;;

And human rights
Funny how little the human rights issue gets mentioned any more in the media or social media, it's all about 115 and nothing else. Almost as though those talking about human rights abuses in the Middle East weren't very interested in those issues at all except as a kneejerk criticism of a football team they didn't support.

Extract from an article in the Law Society Gazette which I hope (I’m an FOC) should be accessible via the link above for anyone interested.
“The sports silk who led Leicester City’s successful challenge against football’s Premier League over the club’s finances has voiced concern that the league criticised its own decision-making panel of eminent lawyers after losing the case. Nick De Marco KC of Blackstone Chambers has also warned sports watchdogs not to ‘make up the rules as they go along’, calling for more ‘clarity and certainty’ in the drafting of regulations”

Kinda dilutes the whole "sportswashing" accusation, doesn't it?
I've said for years there's probably many legitimate arguments for criticizing ownership but the idea that they're here to launder their reputation is so silly. They're here to diversify from oil and make money. If I gave you £100bn to spend on investments that would come good in 50-100 years you'd invest in tech, biomedicine, green tech, sport and entertainment, and property. Guess what they're investing in.

Did CAS not state that the "veracity" of the emails was not in question?

I thought that the originals had been viewed by CAS and that the edited version was essentially truthful. I thought City accepted that at CAS?

I thought also that the emails were said not to be enough on their own.

My thought about that is that the point of editing the emails was to give the impression of wrongdoing as separately they were less sensational. Just my opinion though.
Yes, City gave the emails and confirmed they were legit. The editing has always been overstated imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.