PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

When it comes to broadcasters and their advertisers milking and exploiting the masses of unthinking, herd following united "fans" particularly throughout SE Asia then I'm afraid City are still virtually a non-entity and irrelevance in commercial terms despite the trajectories the two clubs have taken in the last decade.

A lot of it is quite simply due to the colour of their shirts... red is considered a lucky colour throughout much of that part of the world and the largely uneducated and superstitious folks there will do anything to associate themselves with the colour red, including supporting who ever happens to be the most famous football team that plays in red which still happens to be united despite 10 years of failure and underachievement.
Perhaps also because City haven’t tried to break the market. Let’s be honest it is worth Fxxk all. Look at it like this - India is 17.5 percent of the entire worlds population so initially you think wow,, But their tv costs about 10 quid a year to get premier league football, and almost all the “red tops” worn and other merchandise are fake. It’s a lot of effort for a pie that is worth far less than it seems, concentrate on the richer areas first and go to these areas next

Perhaps also because City haven’t tried to break the market. Let’s be honest it is worth Fxxk all. Look at it like this - India is 17.5 percent of the entire worlds population so initially you think wow,, But their tv costs about 10 quid a year to get premier league football, and almost all the “red tops” worn and other merchandise are fake. It’s a lot of effort for a pie that is worth far less than it seems, concentrate on the richer areas first and go to these areas next
If the SE Asian Market is commercially worth so little then why are the print media, the broadcasters and their associated advertisers all still so desperate for the rags to remain prominent and relevant and equally desperate to see City fail?

It's surely got to be for commercial reasons and not just because the CEO's of all those corporate interests just all happen to be diehard Home Counties rags.

Genuine question, not necessarily saying I disagree with you.

Those emails may carry more weight but they would still have to prove it was actually reflected in the accounts, imho.

For example, the attachments to some of the emails consistently refer to the AD sponsorships as shareholder funding and, in the emails at least, it was never corrected by Pearce or anyone else. It means nothing, however, people mislabel things all the time. The only thing that matters is where the money came from and if the PL can prove on the balance of probabilities that it came from ADUG. I don't think they can.
I'd defer to the opinion of our resident legal eagles on this (preferably after they've sobered up following a morning in the small claims court) but if an email said something like "As discussed, I recorded that £50m ADUG cash as commercial revenue, rather than the equity investment it should have been" then I suspect the onus would be very much on us to prove we did nothing wrong.

If the SE Asian Market is commercially worth so little then why are the print media, the broadcasters and their associated advertisers all still so desperate for the rags to remain prominent and relevant and equally desperate to see City fail?

It's surely got to be for commercial reasons and not just because the CEO's of all those corporate interests just all happen to be diehard Home Counties rags.

Genuine question, not necessarily saying I disagree with you.
Of course you are both correct. There are lots of giant tech sponsors in Asia. It’s bloody gigantic. But I think City have been very smart in North America. Happy days for our club

I'd defer to the opinion of our resident legal eagles on this (preferably after they've sobered up following a morning in the small claims court) but if an email said something like "As discussed, I recorded that £50m ADUG cash as commercial revenue, rather than the equity investment it should have been" then I suspect the onus would be very much on us to prove we did nothing wrong.
Haha, love it!

Is it possible his background as an academic rather than business is why UEFA selected him?
In the aftermath of Watergate, there was a proposal that a senior Senator should listen to the tapes recorded by Nixon. The name suggested was Senator Stennis, and when the White House spokesman announced this, he started to justify the selection, saying "Senator Stennis was selected because he's...." at which point one wag in the press corps shouted "Deaf!"

You do wonder, having seen Professor Haas's minority opinion, despite having listened to the same evidence that the other two members of the panel listened to, whether that applied to him as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.