PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The non story of the Rags money problems is corruption in plain sight. They can’t work on their own & they know it.

99.9% of football fans will have no idea which makes it easy to ignore.
Ain't it the truth?! Probably the biggest story in English football for ages and somehow (or should that be 'yet again'?) it's been sidestepped by our useless, venal, partial UK sports media.

I have a Geordie pal who lives over in York and who's as daft about Toon as I am about our beloved City. He knows all about our PL 'charges' (surprise, surprise!) but during recent weeks I've had to explain to him in some detail:

(a) the various, £multimillions in allowances sanctioned by the PL to enable The Red Filth to meet P&S rules and keep on buying players, in sharp contrast to the restrictions that my chum's beloved Toon (and other clubs) have been operating under

(b) the continuous losses made by that shower over the past 3-5 years which have come to light in the past day or so and the shenanigans once again sanctioned by the PL to enable it to be 'business as usual' at The Swamp, while the likes of Forest and Everton were awarded those cheeky points deductions!

(c) the overall debt profile that still applies at The Swamp and how those cuddly Glazers are still trousering dividends year on year, despite the losses and the enormous debts piled onto the club

My pal thanked me for the explanations, having had absolutely no idea of what has been going on to buoy up the Red Filth's ailing financial position, although he said the whole thing 'depressed' him (I said "Welcome to our world!".. and also "By the way, I am available for kids' parties, Bar Mitvahs etc.. search the web for me under 'Captain Chuckle'..")

It really is disgraceful what that lot across town gets away with, from this current financial stuff to the free-ride they're getting from the media regarding the building of 'The Wembley of the North'.

I keep saying it but one day some 'media johnny' may actually do his/her job and go after them.. in the meantime I'm not holding my breath, though..

Last edited:
Dunno mate. I'm still recovering from the broken leg I suffered in the 1960 FA Cup Final
Why on earth have you brought that up!
I know of a guy who suffered the same misfortune and I don’t think he’s ever mentioned it once.
It’s just attention seeking - stop it as it’s neither big or clever.

It's in Pearce contradiction he had never got involved in arranging monies at CAS.

A subsequent email after CAS suggested otherwise?
City must have known other emails could come out so letting Pearce lie would be a strange move.

The usual point still stands though. Pearce and other emails can say all sorts but if the money trail is clear and the books are correct then nothing came of the email claims.

An email could say the writer was intending to steal his companies clients but then didn’t. He can’t be prosecuted for thinking he might. The PL will need a lot more than that.

Roll on Monday.

So if the hearing does start on Monday and it's 10-12 weeks as has been reported then it will finish at the end of November or the middle of December. Either way deliberations won't start in earnest until January so I'd expect a result not too far away from the end of the season. Mid April is my current prediction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.