PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

**** in a PSG shirt looking perplexed by it all. The other bellwhiff using the "Ruining football" trope with no shame whatsoever.

IMO we should have had them in court if we could.

Marcotti goes down in my estimation here. He clearly has no idea about City’s action against the PL and has not bothered to do any research.

I'm not a lawyer either, but I think the situation is this:

Everton and Forest both pled guilty, Everton two times (once for each breach) and Forest once. Everton were partly successful with the appeal against the first sanction, which took two months and withdrew the appeal for the second presumably as they were relatively safe at the time. Forest lost their appeal and that took about a month. In all cases the appeal was against the sanction, the club's previously having pled guilty.

For the City case, I think the view is that it would be difficult for either party to overturn a decision on a matter of fact, but easier on a matter of judgment, like the effect of mitigating or aggravating factors on the sanctions imposed, in the event that the PL were at all successful.

Personally, as a non-lawyer, I would hope Pannick could earn his 5 grand an hour by thinking up some suitable grounds for an appeal for any unfavourable outcome and despite the drawbacks. I would be surprised if some lawyers aren't looking at all the options now already, but that is an uneducated opinion rather than a sound, legal judgment.

Anyway, if the verdict is expected April at the earliest, an appeal by either party would probably have to be launched around May time which doesn't give much scope for settling it before the end of the season, and then you have the summer holidays. Try getting all these lawyers off their expensive holidays for two weeks in July and August. So it is probably likely an appeal, if there is one, would be heard next season.

All imho, may be bollocks.
Lawyers have been known to set traps for the prosecutors with an appeal in mind. A judge might spot this and steer the defence away, but this tribunal may be different.

We as fans have been dragged into the conspiracy theories and details even if they are true or untrue. The murky world of business and the protectionism afforded to "The royalty", the charges and accusations football fans don't understand yet parrot over and over again as if they are important.

I look at the colour of my shirt and that shirt will never change it'll always be blue, football has changed for the worse it's gone way past picking up a pink to check the other scores or your pools.

Soon they will add acronyms and percentages end zones and ice cream music, this tribunal will IMHO bring that reality even closer.
Oh my god picking up the pink when I was little to see where City was in the table was the highlight of my week.

Whatever happens it will be nice to be able to watch football again without constantly referring to complex accountancy and legal subtext.

You know the idea of 22 guys on the pitch and the best team wins or sometimes they dont, we have all sadly forgotten what thats like.
Football is a simple game. 22 players play for ninety odd minutes kicking a ball about and, at the end, City win.

Noticed a lot of recalling from memory, guessing and conflating different subjects, which can lead to confusion or panic in some cases. I'd advise everyone try and find the information in question, to make sure you're recalling correctly and also leave links if you can.
I was under the impression that the particular emails in question where we are seen to "admit" what we're being accused of were only released into the public domain after the CAS case, hence why Pearce and others are now being accused explicitly of lying?

IE, original emails which were hacked showed alleged intention, this was subsequently explained at CAS, now the more recent emails are alleged to completely contradict the explanation our representatives provided.

I think Pearce testified that he had never arranged for funds to be paid back into the club by ADUG or ADEA or anyone else. Sneaky twats that they are, Der Spiegel, who appeared to have held one email back from the original batch that formed the basis of UEFA’s case, then released that email. It pretty much directly contradicted what Pearce had told CAS, which was, erm, awkward. I seem to recall @Prestwich_Blue at the time deeming it not an issue though……although I stand to be corrected…….so unless the PL have got something else, Magic Twat can, in the words of Dean Edward Rooney, come on over and smooch my big ol’ white butt!
Apologies if someone already beat me to this but I didn't see it.

30th July 2020, article after the CAS verdict (use the translate page function):

New emails in that article:

Rehash in April 2022 in English, presumably to take focus off Chelsea and back onto City("save your fume for City please"):

slbsn's immediate response to the 30th July article:

Stefan seems to be saying it doesn't change much, having some sort of involvement is not the same as having the authority/power to conclude contracts or authorise payments directly.

I'd say, if he was over in Abu Dhabi, it could just mean he got in touch with someone directly, who does have that authority. Doesn't matter how he worded it in the email, he could be keeping it short, not watching his words. ie: "I'll get that forwarded to you" is him saying he'll make sure it gets done but it's not actually him authorising it.

I don't really see how they think most of their claims have been established when I actually read them in full. Just some examples from the April 2022 article: They talk about Khaldoon's roles before(not much emphasis on that) joining Manchester City, approving money flows that were controlled by the government. Controlled by the government but approved by him? Any evidence of whatever this badly worded implication is? They also say that he is the de facto Prime Minister of Abu Dhabi(what?) and the "head of the state investment fund". As if they only have one? It's Mubadala and he's the CEO/MD, it's never been a secret and Mubadala aren't implicated in the allegations... They are consistent with this style of arguing too. It's such blatant artistic license, yet the UK press don't bat an eyelid, they regurgitate everything der Spiegel claim so readily.

Quite a few of the email points mention include the phrase "funded via ADUG" which i've always considered harmless as i thought ADUG held our sponsorship dosh and we request it as needed?

I thought ADUG held onto our funds as some sponsorship deals cover multiple clubs. And we request it as needed.

It would be dodgy as hell if we held sponsorship money on behalf of NYC for example so it makes sense.

I'm probably way out but that was my understanding.
This is sounds more related to the Mancini > Al Jazira accusation. I hope so anyway or we'd be fucked it was related to City's sponsorship allegations.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.