PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Just passing on what a mate of mine has said. He has a line of communication into the club and it's been reiterated recently that City are super confident of the outcome. Worth remembering that nobody can be 100% sure that we'll win of course even if we have a very strong case, and that's something Stefan has often pointed out.

Also, he heard that a lot of the charges won't even be discussed/have been dropped/thrown out. That squares with similar to what Tolmie said yonks ago. I for one am not sure on that particular aspect as I'd still expect all the charges to be considered when the panel sits even if the panel thinks some or all of them are not worth the paper they're written on?

Is it possible he's just read stuff online or would his source he aware of things?

i think someone on here said yesterday that a large majority of the charges relate to us not filing accounts at the end of each season which is categorically untrue as we wouldnt be able to compete without them being filed so they will automatically be thrown out because their is nothing in the rules about the accounts being accurate.

Seems highly bizarre that they charged us with something they categorically know we haven’t done?

Would their lawyers put their name to that, mate?

Just passing on what a mate of mine has said. He has a line of communication into the club and it's been reiterated recently that City are super confident of the outcome. Worth remembering that nobody can be 100% sure that we'll win of course even if we have a very strong case, and that's something Stefan has often pointed out.

Also, he heard that a lot of the charges won't even be discussed/have been dropped/thrown out. That squares with similar to what Tolmie said yonks ago. I for one am not sure on that particular aspect as I'd still expect all the charges to be considered when the panel sits even if the panel thinks some or all of them are not worth the paper they're written on?

Do we know he isn’t just repeating a Tolmie tweet, mate?

Seems highly bizarre that they charged us with something they categorically know we haven’t done?

Would their lawyers put their name to that, mate?
Let's just remind ourselves of one of the key charges, which (to pick one year, 2012/13) involves Rule E3. This rule says:

"Each club shall by 1st March in each season submit to the Secretary a copy of its annual accounts.......(such accounts to be prepared and audited in accordance with applicable legal & regulatory requirements) together with a copy of the Directors' Report for that year and a copy of the auditors' report on those accounts."

I've missed a bit in the middle out but that's the rule - to submit audited accounts for the prior year by March 1st of the following year. So unless we didn't do that (which is highly, highly unlikely) then the IC simply can't find us to have breached that rule. There's nothing in E3 about accuracy, or anything else, and as we saw from the Leicester appeal, the PL can't rely on a defence of "Well what we really meant was...."

If we submitted properly prepared accounts, then we aren't in breach of Rule E3.

There's also the rule about acting in utmost good faith. If we took good legal and financial advice to ensure we acted properly, then how could we not have acted in utmost good faith? I reckon at least half the charges will have gone out of the window by the end of the month.

There you go mate

Are sky media going to mention this every day by saying "this is day 2 of the 115" then go through the severe punishment we will get and never mention what will happen if we are cleared!
They did give the possible outcomes with the first being us found not guilty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.