PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I believe that part of the issue is that when utd have submitted their accounts, detailing these exceptional extra over costs, the PL have decided not to investigate. Ie they have just taken Utds word for it. Where as with Everton, Forest and Leicester they decided to investigate. Perhaps someone could confirm that??
Only seen it reported that United are confident that the exemptions will allow them to pass PSR, which would suggest the Premier League hasn’t waved it through (sorry, scrupulously examined it) yet

If you turn it around you’ll see that the Rags are getting away with it because the Premier league believe they are so powerful. We know they are corrupt but we don’t care we are light years ahead. I think they severely misunderstood how powerful an organisation we are & if they take us down corruptly they’ll regret it. Joe Lewis has had his warning shot & when was the last time Levy said anything about us. Scruffy Jim has said he expects us to be cleared & an organisation to admired. The Dippers have shut the fuck up. The only noise is nonces on Twitter & YouTube.
We really deserve to bring this corrupt organisation down. Come on City, smash them

I believe they will already have all the moves in place, staying in a league with us and the Geordies isn't something that they would contemplate, I genuinely believe that we will be found not guilty and we will have to duck because those toys are going to come flying out of the pram.

The also rans in the league will follow suit because the chairmen of those clubs are only interested in the money coming in.

Maybe not if the Saudi's and UAE put more money up for participation in the PL than could be generated by United, Arsenal and Liverpool's breakaway league. The Saudi's seem to be able to blow everyone else out of the water in other sports, and the Americans will have no appetite for a dick waving competition with them. If there was £100m additional money per team due to the Saudi's then even Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal would want to stay in it

For me 80-90% of the substance of this whole fiasco is the integrity of the Etihad Airways sponsorship. When the PL fail to illegitimise it, the level of possible sanctions is far less. Assuming their paid hacks have been breifed througout by the PL, to maintain the constant MSM hate campaign, my personal predictions are as follows.
The one "chink in the amor" re Ethihad is "Pearcegate". The Twat-Harris and Panja etc have repeatedly accused him of perjury at CAS in relation to the question "Did you ever arrange payments on behalf HHSM to disgusie equity funding as sponsorship by Etihad Airways". We were told in CAS2020 that Simon Pearce answered "Categorically Not", and that was the end of it.
Since CAS2020 the Twat et al have relied on a gross misrepresentation of an email where Pearce is arranging payments but NOT from HHSM. I look forward to this issue being resolved 100% by the IC. I anticipate it will take more than "Categorically Not" to do so. Once this accusation has been resolved for ever the likes of Twat-Harris and Panja will have to spend a few more years of their lives scrutinising legacy emails in desperation.

Last edited:
Only seen it reported that United are confident that the exemptions will allow them to pass PSR, which would suggest the Premier League hasn’t waved it through (sorry, scrupulously examined it) yet

Maybe. Wouldn’t surprise me if they have had the green light from the premier league prior to them spending in the summer.

Just passing on what a mate of mine has said. He has a line of communication into the club and it's been reiterated recently that City are super confident of the outcome. Worth remembering that nobody can be 100% sure that we'll win of course even if we have a very strong case, and that's something Stefan has often pointed out.

Also, he heard that a lot of the charges won't even be discussed/have been dropped/thrown out. That squares with similar to what Tolmie said yonks ago. I for one am not sure on that particular aspect as I'd still expect all the charges to be considered when the panel sits even if the panel thinks some or all of them are not worth the paper they're written on?

For issues to be dropped the PL lawyers would have to be in a place where they “offer no evidence” in relation to said issue.

If this was the case, it’d be dealt with very early on in the hearing and concluded as no evidence offered / no case to answer on that issue.

For issues to be dropped the PL lawyers would have to be in a place where they “offer no evidence” in relation to said issue.

If this was the case, it’d be dealt with very early on in the hearing and concluded as no evidence offered / no case to answer on that issue.
i think someone on here said yesterday that a large majority of the charges relate to us not filing accounts at the end of each season which is categorically untrue as we wouldnt be able to compete without them being filed so they will automatically be thrown out because their is nothing in the rules about the accounts being accurate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.