PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It's only the Rag Central MediaCity Brigade calling it "The Sports Trial of The Century".

If worse comes to worse we will just get a hefty points deduction resulting in relegation, in which we will be straight back up again, or a 5 year explosion from the league, like Marseille did in 1993, in which the years will drift by. If the majority of the EFL 72 vote against having us in their leagues, then League 2 and all the way back up it will be with maybe one or two years of the five year ban left.

A friend of mine got a 5 year ban from his local for snorting cocaine on a toilet seat and the ban has now expired. Those 5 years just drifted by and he said that himself also.

We would never win any PR war. We have literally zero publications, online media, journos or reporters willing to see our side of the argument - so trying to be more public would probably have backfired.

What would be the point of repeating ‘irrefutable evidence’ every few weeks.

The PL have remained fairly silent - the leaks and commentary has come from other clubs and officials and the usual suspects. Nothing can be done about that.

PR won’t sway the IC and it’s about to start so we all need to buckle up.

Stefan said on talksport extra yesterday the decision could potentially take up to a year.

Due to the complexity of the case the independent commission would have to produce between a 200-400 page document outlining each charge, the decision they have made on the charge and the reason whether they think city are guilty or not.

I think we won't find out until the end of the season
I'm really struggling to understand why we're being charged by the Premier League for failing UEFA FFP rules when we'd already agreed on a fine and restrictions on the squad going back years ago. Why aren't the Dippers being charged as they would have failed UEFA FFP one year but weren't in Europe so they got away with it.

It's only the Rag Central MediaCity Brigade calling it "The Sports Trial of The Century".

If worse comes to worse we will just get a hefty points deduction resulting in relegation, in which we will be straight back up again, or a 5 year explosion from the league, like Marseille did in 1993, in which the years will drift by. If the majority of the EFL 72 vote against having us in their leagues, then League 2 and all the way back up it will be with maybe one or two years of the five year ban left.

A friend of mine got a 5 year ban from his local for snorting cocaine on a toilet seat and the ban has now expired. Those 5 years just drifted by and he said that himself also.
If we were match fixing I would agree.

Do you not find it interesting, when people say they have noticed a small shift in perception towards the case, ffp/psr, the league etc. Do you not fond it interesting if you yourself notice this shift.

Many high profile court cases, often come with a bit of a PR war for the court of public opinion on the side.

Yet all this time since the first statement on thecharges, City as a club have said absolutely nothing. Not commented, not engaged, not refuted or challenging vsrious spurious claims and stories. Pep has said a thing or two when asked, but more in tone than words, which have always been ultimately 'wait and see'.

So the PL have a free run at a one sided PR war here, with the media and punters saying whatever they feel like.

Yet somehow, perception still seems to be shifting. The club are saying nothing, the media all follow a script, and the PL are still managing to come off looking worse than when this started. At the very least,the script has become tedious.

Maybe their silent approach isn't that bad after all.
Exactly… spot on mate

British media and I guess Spanish are pissed if we didn’t join in and thereby generate some great stories

The CFG policy culture etc works against everything our media outlets require so no wonder they have resorted to regurgitation for the last few years

As for the Spanish they will be sieving as it’s Madrid that have suffered the most albeit they keep collecting trophies a bit like the rags in the UK except the rags are that shite that the FA and PL are struggling like fuck to get them over the line

As for the 115 charges despite all our own protractions as fans the bottom line is the PL isn’t a independent body protecting and growing its a cartel set up with Sky which we have fucked over for which they have bitten off more then they can handle and I expect the delays are more in keeping with damage limitation as well as litigations against them and especially the Rags

Much like the UEFA saga which is clearly a organisation fronting Madrid …. We all know how that ended up

Honestly didn't expect some of the type of nonsense I get on Twitter on here.

You have literally sent a screenshot of me saying "the only appeal is another PL panel". This would infer that I did not say no appeals of any kind.

The other reply in the picture is me explaining no appeal to the High Court which is now well established as correct.

No doubt you will idiotically double down in reply in the usual style I get on Twitter.
Not doubling down I promise. In the exchange you go on to say that things won’t be going to the Supreme Court etc and you hope not as things will have gone horribly wrong for us if so. My point in that exchange (as now) is that a sports tribunal that dabbles in fraud and related law is doing so ultra vires and/or will cock it up. If it does we will have appeal rights.

DS have had some beef with Bayern in the past, so it's either very unlikely or, a kiss and make up
Rumour I heard was Bayern backed off legal action against DS (in an unrelated case) So DS did Bayern a favour by targeting City. Could be bullshit but the timings pan out. At that time Bayern were relentlessly slagging City in public. Nothing like this happens by accident. That’s for sure.

I'm really struggling to understand why we're being charged by the Premier League for failing UEFA FFP rules when we'd already agreed on a fine and restrictions on the squad going back years ago. Why aren't the Dippers being charged as they would have failed UEFA FFP one year but weren't in Europe so they got away with it.
It is a consequential fail. So the rationale will be that if all of those early accounts are wrong, then all of the filings and licence applications are also wrong and we therefore breached a whole host of consequential rules. I would say it was completely unnecessary to charge those breaches (stat padding of a sort!) but they don't stand in isolation - win the substantive battle and they fall away, lose and they logically follow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.