PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It's only the Rag Central MediaCity Brigade calling it "The Sports Trial of The Century".

If worse comes to worse we will just get a hefty points deduction resulting in relegation, in which we will be straight back up again, or a 5 year explosion from the league, like Marseille did in 1993, in which the years will drift by. If the majority of the EFL 72 vote against having us in their leagues, then League 2 and all the way back up it will be with maybe one or two years of the five year ban left.

A friend of mine got a 5 year ban from his local for snorting cocaine on a toilet seat and the ban has now expired. Those 5 years just drifted by and he said that himself also.
Depends how old you are, there's some of us very much in later life and I don't even look beyond next week, I used to book holidays as much as a year in advance, now it's 6 months max and more often than not 3/4 weeks. I went to a golf day yesterday and found out 2 lads in my age group that I gad known had died this past week or so, 5 years, it's too much.

It's only the Rag Central MediaCity Brigade calling it "The Sports Trial of The Century".

If worse comes to worse we will just get a hefty points deduction resulting in relegation, in which we will be straight back up again, or a 5 year explosion from the league, like Marseille did in 1993, in which the years will drift by. If the majority of the EFL 72 vote against having us in their leagues, then League 2 and all the way back up it will be with maybe one or two years of the five year ban left.

A friend of mine got a 5 year ban from his local for snorting cocaine on a toilet seat and the ban has now expired. Those 5 years just drifted by and he said that himself also.
Do you honestly any of that might happen? Not a chance.

Honestly didn't expect some of the type of nonsense I get on Twitter on here.

You have literally sent a screenshot of me saying "the only appeal is another PL panel". This would infer that I did not say no appeals of any kind.

The other reply in the picture is me explaining no appeal to the High Court which is now well established as correct.

No doubt you will idiotically double down in reply in the usual style I get on Twitter.
Some people are like that. They dont like when others have knowledge they dont have, then try prove them wrong at every point no matter how trivial. Its just some people though. And they always double down.

It is a consequential fail. So the rationale will be that if all of those early accounts are wrong, then all of the filings and licence applications are also wrong and we therefore breached a whole host of consequential rules. I would say it was completely unnecessary to charge those breaches (stat padding of a sort!) but they don't stand in isolation - win the substantive battle and they fall away, lose and they logically follow.
Cheers, a bit of clarity helps. I just didn't understand it, a kind of double jeopardy in my mind but as you say stat padding to help in sensationalising the charges.

No, the time for talk is after we are found not to have breached their rules. You've seen how Pep's anodyne comments are twisted and scrutinised by a hostile media.

If we started putting any of our case into the open, it would be analysed and shredded and twisted by every rabid looney out there (Harris, Roan, Stone, I'm looking at you!) and just add to their infantile sense of self-importance. There is, literally, nothing that we can say before the judgement that will stop them. If the charges are disproven, the club, and Khaldoon in particular, will have plenty to say. As will the rest of us. Roll on that day.
Agreed. We could have spoken out more robustly after CAS but since then the strategy has been correct. Our opponents have been leaking information, making critical public comments, twisting and distorting the narrative. A central plank of our defence is our opponents have been acting in bad faith. We have taken the moral high ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.