PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

One argument that I just can't understand, or buy into, is that the PL were pressured into bringing forward the charges. At least not after the CAS verdict, which took any pressure off and gave them something to align their own conclusions of their investigation to.
While the rational part of me agrees with you, there is also a part of me which says who does this benefit both long term and short term because it certainly isnt the pl.

One argument that I just can't understand, or buy into, is that the PL were pressured into bringing forward the charges. At least not after the CAS verdict, which took any pressure off and gave them something to align their own conclusions of their investigation to.
I agree

I cant get my head round the fact that the Prem have done all this, with zero evidence, just because the cartel clubs told them to.
They must at least ‘think’ they have evidence

The press are continually focusing on the punishments we are likely to receive. They have already assumed we are guilty. Its a total feeding frenzy to satisfy moronic fans of the red cartel. But, the reality is far different. What they forget to mention are the following facts that undermine the "City are guilty" narrative.

City were cleared of financial wrong doing by CAS.

City's auditors, BDO, did not resign when Der Spiegel first released the story about the stolen emails.

We are developing our stadium and spending millions on infrastructure.

Investors still want to invest money in our club.

Pep's not resigned.

Key players have remained at the club.

So, considering the aforementioned, unless the PL have new damning evidence, this whole charade is simply a witch hunt to damage Man City's name by the PL and the media. Plus, this whole process whiffs of potential racism towards middle eastern investment in the game. The PL rules which keep getting amended are clearly evidence of the protectionist racket that they are being told to deploy to try to protect the supposed big clubs that set up the PL in the first place.

Incidentally, if the PL had new damning evidence this would surely have leaked by now.

Come on City. Smash the protectionist racket and the board of the PL can resign.

We will never know but it looked rushed with all the mistakes in the initial charges which coincided with the Government referring to the need for intervention if the PL were incapable of looking after itself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.