PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

This is the problem. If we win, we won’t want to torch the Premier League to the ground because the main point of being a football club is to, err, play football matches.

Also, as I understand it the PL rules state that a club can’t sue another club. I’m not sure how set in stone that is but I’d have thought if we had clear evidence that other clubs and individuals at those clubs have tried to sabotage our club and business model then we may be able to take action another way, ie: through the courts. Not mentioning any names of course but a certain lanky bald-headed streak of piss working for a club in North London may well be having sleepless nights. After all, I doubt our manager would go around naming names if there wasn’t something concrete behind it.
He’s certainly a bald-headed streak of piss, but calling him lanky (5ft7” max) would be akin to the Premier League case against us, total bullshit!

As an Arsenal fan I can tell you that I wouldn't count that as a PL title win. It would be like one of those boxers who becomes world champion because the other one relinquishes his belt due to not taking on a specific fight - like when Riddick Bowe threw his belt in the bin.
Not many will think the same

So in effect give the prosecution prior notice as to what our defence will be allowing them to specifically prepare counter arguments for it? Yeah, great idea!
Yes, it is frustrating to see City being publicly passive but as we see with Bernstein anything we say will be edited by the media to make us look bad.

Costs will go with the loser. If City won on everything there is a good chance they would get what is known as “indemnity costs” of 80-90% back. A split decision would make the costs decision trickier. Everton got very lucky on their costs IMO - given their big loss they were lucky to only pay about half of PLs costs

I said earlier that surely our costs are going to be hard to recover if we are deemed not to have cooperated. Similarly to CAS surely there's the expectation that we could have avoided all of this if we had cooperated and provided what was requested. We don't know the details around this of course, although we know why we wouldn't have given all of the information in advance.

My feeling is that if we win (and i have faith that we will), we won't want to "destroy" the Premier League for the simple reason that we are a part of it. It's our house too.

We may highlight some inconsistencies in how clubs are treated.

We may highlight some deficiencies in the Premier League rule book.

But our owners ooze class and they will want to be a shining light, a beacon.

After all, isn't that the point of their outward investments?

As an Arsenal fan I can tell you that I wouldn't count that as a PL title win. It would be like one of those boxers who becomes world champion because the other one relinquishes his belt due to not taking on a specific fight - like when Riddick Bowe threw his belt in the bin.
Fair enough mate, but on reflection I should have used Liverpool for the example, as Carragher is the one who always bleats and sneers about asterisks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.