PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Christ, the volume of media noise around the "trial of the century" is overwhelming, and it's only day 2. Liverpool must have lost at the weekend....
All the scenarios of our punishment is the main theme, what clubs our players will go to, with such a frightening level of ignorance and misinformation in the media. Some of it deliberately disingenuous, but most of it just completely moronic, often by "talking heads" ex footballers, who can barely string a sentence together saying "I think City should be punished severely".
For people like Stefan (and all the other "newly qualified" sports lawyers and financial accountants on this thread!) who have deep knowledge of the actual charges, and know some of the facts, it must be really interesting looking out from the inside, watching mainstream and social media consume itself, rabid followers of our opponents frothing at the mouth, op eds in otherwise credible broadsheets which seem to really miss the mark so badly.
Watching a "trial" unfold, knowing more about it's detail than the average person, and watching the narrative, commentary and spin in the general mediaverse is very interesting.
We all rightly laugh at Trump screaming about fake news and corrupt media, but it's incredible watching the hysterical misinformed or deliberately skewed coverage, and how our guilt or not has become completely irrelevant.
They only need one of the 115 to be conceeded or ruled against us to be able to "legitimately" run with a GUILTY! headline.
im not expecting to come out of this squeeky clean, its quite likely something will stick however minor, so what if they run with the guilty headline,they can run it all day every day for me on loop, i just smile in there faces and say 4 in a row 'maybe 5 by then' you'l have to have a thick skin so buckle up and enjoy it, we'l be fine

There's no need to 'go after' the Premier League when we win.

The best response City can make is doing what we've been doing; winning the trophies.
That hurts them and the media so much more than being sued by us. Except then they'd have no more excuses to hide behind. They'd have to conceed that Manchester City IS the best football club in England.

Nope enough is enough, The damage is done and City can not win

The Premier League has washed its dirty knickers in public and called us cheats and everybody else has believed them
Manchester City's Image has been mudded and it sticks, These golden glory years should be the talk of the town for the right reasons and not tarnished with a cheats tag next to our name,

We will need to fight to clear our name long after the results of the 115, If we lie down and let it go they will find something else to mud our name like oil money paid off for winning the charges,

I want Manchester City to call for a full vote of no confidence in the system (Premier League) and want heads to roll. Board members made to step down and the premier league and its chairman taken to court for slander and asking for damages,

You can not let this ride, The whole system needs to answer why you have damaged Manchester City's image twice
Also the Media links to their paymaster's red tops clubs on the board of the Premier League, It's been a media witch hunt since day one of City's new owners, The Media has been so one-sided that City's image will never be the same

No More Mr Nice Guys, Blow the fucking doors off at the Premier Leagues Headquarters and walk-in full guns blazing

some already think we're guilty and want us gone for that reason

some see as competition to their club and want us gone for that reason

their are some neutrals that want us to stay. i've heard some newcastle fans say they would rather City won it every year forever than the red cartel.
I suspect Majority of Toon fans who think that way is sure to having the owners they now have.

Nope enough is enough, The damage is done and City can not win

The Premier League has washed its dirty knickers in public and called us cheats and everybody else has believed them
Manchester City's Image has been mudded and it sticks, These golden glory years should be the talk of the town for the right reasons and not tarnished with a cheats tag next to our name,

We will need to fight to clear our name long after the results of the 115, If we lie down and let it go they will find something else to mud our name like oil money paid off for winning the charges,

I want Manchester City to call for a full vote of no confidence in the system (Premier League) and want heads to roll. Board members made to step down and the premier league and its chairman taken to court for slander and asking for damages,

You can not let this ride, The whole system needs to answer why you have damaged Manchester City's image twice
Also the Media links to their paymaster's red tops clubs on the board of the Premier League, It's been a media witch hunt since day one of City's new owners, The Media has been so one-sided that City's image will never be the same

No More Mr Nice Guys, Blow the fucking doors off at the Premier Leagues Headquarters and walk-in full guns blazing
Double like
GPMG firing from the hip :)

There were some leaks as I recall from CAS. Nothing substantial or specific just generalisations. If this thing goes on for up to ten weeks I would think something of significance will filter out some way.
Perhaps not direct leaks but seeing lawyers reactions Peps mood when being interviewed there could be small signs like that.Obviously the club will be updated on a dailey basis of how it is going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.