PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I raised a similar point earlier.

“Bad faith” seems such an abstract concept how would you prove what someone’s intentions were?

And how would you even measure it?
I’d suggest hacking another club’s scouting database would quite clearly be classed as “bad faith”, but clearly the PL deem that normal practice, dependent only on who hacked and who got hacked.
It is subjective to be sure, there are definite bad faith actions, and definite not bad faith actions, but the borderland between them is very fuzzy. I guess that’s what judges are for - to make that call.

I would imagine acting in bad faith is a key part of the PL's conspiracy case. Without it, I am not sure they can even talk of a conspiracy case.

But what do I know? :)
In the absence of the specific carve outs to the statute of limitations points, bad faith in isolation would not break the SoL. And it can be distinguished from fraud. Clearly, if fraud then it is also bad faith but not vice versa necessarily (I would argue).

I’d suggest hacking another club’s scouting database would quite clearly be classed as “bad faith”, but clearly the PL deem that normal practice, dependent only on who hacked and who got hacked.
It is subjective to be sure, there are definite bad faith actions, and definite not bad faith actions, but the borderland between them is very fuzzy. I guess that’s what judges are for - to make that call.

Manchester City's fault was in settling out of court and agreeing to a settlement, The Premier League did not get involved because of this, In “Good Faith” Liverpool has not done Manchester City any favours after this event, The City coach incident, the coins incidents, the spitting incident all gone unpunished,

In the absence of the specific carve outs to the statute of limitations points, bad faith in isolation would not break the SoL. And it can be distinguished from fraud. Clearly, if fraud then it is also bad faith but not vice versa necessarily (I would argue).
Different question, but as you're 'around'...

Will witness evidence be given by video link or will people be seen arriving at the venue to testify in person?

I'm just wondering if we will be seeing people like Mancini arriving Pannick style in the days and weeks ahead.

There are strictly defined costs that can be deducted in the rules. Legal fees isn't one of them.

There is a possibility on Form 3a to explain how the numbers provided haven't been prepared in accordance with the rules, but that sounds like a breach to me ;)

View attachment 132153

View attachment 132154
Thanks for that makes interesting reading. I'm sure they will close the loophole, sorry, clarify the rules before anybody else decides to use them. They may delay taking such action of course if the red dippers or arse need to avail themselves of the current wording :-)

Different question, but as you're 'around'...

Will witness evidence be given by video link or will people be seen arriving at the venue to testify in person?

I'm just wondering if we will be seeing people like Mancini arriving Pannick style in the days and weeks ahead.
In person by default but plenty remote I suspect. There is a back door it seems so don't expect to see witnesses coming and going

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.