PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Possibly, but unless I'm mistaken (which may well be the case!) bad faith doesn't mean fraud so 'bad faith' stuff will still be subject of time barring limits under English law unless fraud can be proved first? A good few folks on here will be able to confirm that or set me straight?

I would imagine acting in bad faith is a key part of the PL's conspiracy case. Without it, I am not sure they can even talk of a conspiracy case.

But what do I know? :)

Those of you interested in the legal definition of “acting in good faith” may be interested in this article I found via Google.

Some of the main points are-
  • the “core” requirement of the good-faith duty is that a party behaves honestly;
  • depending on the contractual context, this duty may be breached by conduct taken in bad faith, which could include conduct which would be regarded as “commercially unacceptable by reasonable and honest people”; and
  • any further requirements of an express duty of good faith must be capable of being derived as a matter of interpretation or implication from the other terms of the contract.
I’m not smart enough to know how this impacts our case but it seems to me it’s massively open to interpretation. I’ve got a feeling the whole case may rest on the interpretation of this.

Abstract as fuck. Probably purposely so.

Oh I agree with you, the Premier Lesgue has said they didn't do anything wrong and it was quoted as saying they were given exceptional Covid and Share dealing losses.

If Everton had been given the same 40m Covid allowance they wouldn't have failed (plus the hit caused by the Ukrainian war as another poster mentioned) I'm sure Everton just didn't seek advice from the red shirts at the PL, the Rags influence is so strong you can bet they were back and forth asking what was the best way to fiddle the PSR, it's scandalous really.
Why should share dealing losses be allowable expenses? Theres nothing specific in the rules about this. If I sell my car I can't claim the advertising cost for tax purposes!

What I find hilarious is that all these bitter rags stinking the place out used to want to talk football to us city fans 20 odd years ago when we was shit and they was riding high, you couldn't shut the fuckers up telling us what cup or trophy they'd won and how we haven't won anything for years.

Now they can't bear to talk about football with us, that's secondary, their default switch with city fans now is cheating and 115 charges.

It's absolutely hilarious how we've turned these cocky shitbags into babbling mardarses.
Cocky or Cockneee

you have to follow wording as the premier league just found out with Leicester's win. The accounts were audited so were deemed correct even with any extra payments or whatever so that doesn't matter either. The key bit is was there a contract between Mancini and the club, yes or no, if yes then we haven't broken any of the rules they state we've broken

Ah, this is where we are disagreeing.

I agree with you that the club has very probably complied with a literal reading of P7 and P8 which I suppose is the benchmark now, so those two rules shouldn't be a problem.

But I think you can't read the "filing incorrect accounts" rules literally, for the very reason they have also thrown "bad faith" in there. Yes, the club filed accounts. Yes, they had a clean audit opinion. Yes, the club filed future financial information. All good. Until you take bad faith into account. The PL is saying the directors filed accounts in bad faith because they knew they were wrong, deceived the auditors in bad faith into giving a clean opinion and then deliberately concealed all that in bad faith from the PL.

If you don't take the bad faith allegation into account, it's basically saying these aren't effectively allegations of fraud and that argument has been done to death since day one.

Anyway, I could be completely wrong, but I think all that applies to Mancini and Fordham and/ or Toure as much as sponsorship, no matter what the individual rules for manager and player remuneration say.

This thread is moving along at a cracking pace considering that all that is new is that the hearing is finally underway. There is another nine and a half weeks of the hearing continuing without any other information coming out before we have an unknown number of months before we know the outcome.

My advice to posters is pace yourself as it's a marathon and not a sprint.

the Mancini charges aren't a problem anyway all the rule states is "the terms of the Manager’s employment have been evidenced in a written contract of employment between the Club and the Manager" and "the Manager’s contract of employment has been registered with the Secretary". Also " Contracts of employment between a Club and a Manager shall include the standard clauses and clearly set out the circumstances in which the contract of employment may be determined by either party".

That's what we're charged with, which are just factual things we either did or didn't do these basic admin things. It doesn't mention not having second contracts with related/associated parties or any financial constraints in the rules whatsoever. So as far as a solicitor would see, these rules would only be broken if we didn't have a written contract that fulfilled standard terms and the termination agreements between Mancini and club, something I expect City to have. So these manager charges will drop very quickly and the PL can go and fuck themselves
I agree entirely with what you have said. The rules only cover his contract with the club. So why the fuck have they charged us ? Surely if we broke the actual rules at that time we should have been charged then. It stinks of "charge them with everything we can think of and hope something sticks".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.