PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The best evidence of our innocence is the silence, no whistle-blowers, former players, managers, ex-executive staff. If we'd have conspired to do what we're accused of over 15 years, well, just think rationally.
Bit like the moon landing conspiracy. You couldnt keep that amount of people quiet for that amount of time if something was amiss

Apologies if already asked, but I've not been on the forum for a few days and haven't got the time to plough through hundreds of pages. With regard to United's losses, I believe they were allowed to deduct £40m for Covid, and £35m for the expenses of the club sale, but weren't their 3 year losses around £240m ??? If so, even with those discounted, the 3 year losses would still be around £165m which is STILL around £60m more than permitted losses under PSR ??
Have you never seen an old clip of Paul Daniels doing a magic trick, this is pretty much the same just without the lovely Debbie McGee.

They must have been aware of Fordham as UEFA spoke to us about it in 2014 or 2015. As the PL act as the FFP licensor, they were surely either involved or at least aware of these discussions. And Fordham was visibly linked to City, specifically the Manchester City Sports Image Rights company, on the Companies House website. It's inconceivable that the Der Spiegel articles were the first that they'd heard about Fordham.

I'd have thought if we could show that the PL were acting under pressure from certain clubs, following the pretty definitive CAS outcome, that would have some impact on our case and that it was potentially vexatious rather than principled.

vexatious

lovely word

I don't believe that GDPR was an issue the serve sanction could have been a jail sentence for the perpetrators and as ex employees of City there might have been an element of compassion

I could be wrong but

2013 - Liverpool hack City's database
2018 - GDPR becomes law.

So City couldn't have been done for GDPR. Wouldn't have looked good though.

They must have been aware of Fordham as UEFA spoke to us about it in 2014 or 2015. As the PL act as the FFP licensor, they were surely either involved or at least aware of these discussions. And Fordham was visibly linked to City, specifically the Manchester City Sports Image Rights company, on the Companies House website. It's inconceivable that the Der Spiegel articles were the first that they'd heard about Fordham.

I'd have thought if we could show that the PL were acting under pressure from certain clubs, following the pretty definitive CAS outcome, that would have some impact on our case and that it was potentially vexatious rather than principled.

Could you say “acting in bad faith?”

The MEN is a dying institution, scrambling round desperately trying to stay relevant, peddling click bait and trying to appeal to the masses. Certainly when it comes to City it makes no effort to display regional loyalty, which I find incredibly disappointing. The Liverpool Echo is practically a parody and we regularly poke fun at it for its heavily biased reporting of anything relating to its football teams, but there is no doubt whose side it is on. The MEN, on the other hand, sadly is prepared to sacrifice any local allegiance to placate the clickbait masses.

Years ago I had professional dealings with the MEN, it had some great people there and some very good journalists. Its unrecognisable to what it has become now, and if the people responsible for reporting on City aren't ashamed of what they are resorting to, then they should
Both owned by the Reach Group formerly Mirror own Mirror, Express, Record and Star and a long list of local titles Too much influence

Yes - detailed written arguments with references to their key documents will have been swapped a couple of weeks back
having seen the key documents, are we allowed to put forward additional related documents?

for silly instance if they said that the Sheikh was seen in a cafe with Mancini handing him a gold bar on Christmas day. Could City go away and get a document confirming that the Sheikh was in Abu Dhabi and Mancini was at Disney World on the day in question and whats more the cafe shuts on christmas day.

Man City Till I Die - Facebook

Lord Pannick KC who’s leading the City group in representing Manchester City vs the Premier League was pictured smiling outside the International Dispute Resolution Centre earlier YESTERDAY when he came out of court.

Does that smile make you think we are about to lose the biggest case in sports history? No because we have the best representing us.

View attachment 132257
Just happy to see he isn't wearing his Arsenal club tie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.