PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Its going to be a long 10 weeks reading some of these headlines on social media.

All regurgitated going round and round in a circle

Here are some of the punishments Man City could face
Here are the 115 charges explained
City players agents exploring options in case of relegation
They’re quite easy to either ignore or not get worked up by these days. After all, we’ve had a decade to create our personal defence mechanisms against them.

There simply isn’t enough information in the public domain to be certain about anything.

We can try to piece together what we think the PL case is and look at how CAS dealt with that case, but ultimately, we’re mostly in the dark until the verdict is reached.

Although, there could be a competition created to find the most outlandish punishment mooted by click baiting journalism in the meantime.

Its going to be a long 10 weeks reading some of these headlines on social media.

All regurgitated going round and round in a circle

Here are some of the punishments Man City could face
Here are the 115 charges explained
City players agents exploring options in case of relegation
Being on here reminds me of 2 Bill Murray films - Groundhog Day and Lost in Translation. I am sure that events in the wider social media platforms are no different but as I go out of my way to avoid them I can't be 100% certain.

Let's remember that it's really only 3 substantive issues, not 115.

They'd be looking at a points deduction only if they felt our revenue was overstated, or expenses understated, to a point that we'd have failed PSR had they not been. That scenario would put us in the same sort of position as Everton.

The Mancini contract isn't enough to do that, plus there were no financial rules in place at the time as they were only introduced in 2013/14. I very much doubt Fordham would be enough to push us over as we're only talking about probably £13m a season.

So it's the Etihad contract, which we can only assume they're taking the same line as UEFA on, in that the majority wasn't paid by Etihad. But having looked at the figures, even if we're talking about Etihad etc being overstated by £60m a season, I'm dubious as to how we'd have failed the PL's profit and sustainability rules, which allow an aggregate loss of £105m over a 3-year period.

We reported an aggregate net profit of £7m over the first three years of the PL's rules. Adding back a minimum of £75m in allowable expenditure over those 3 years gives an adjusted net profit of over £80m meaning we'd have to have overstated our profit by £200m over those 3 years to have fallen foul of PSR enough to warrant a 6-point penalty.

Therefore you could potentially see the logic in the PL's offer of a 6-point deduction if they think we've significantly overstated sponsorship revenue. But we haven't done that, as CAS proved.

Just remember at £5k per hour it needs dragging out.

With the little bit of information coming to light yesterday about MCFC refusing to settle out of court raises the the question where is the the substantial amount of money coming from to pay for the PL legal bill ? This case which the PL brought against MCFC pushed by the red cartel will be the most expensive in PL history and probably ever . So again where is the money coming from ? Who is paying the PL legal bill ………….

I “woodn’t” have disagreed with the judge…

Furthermore jobs are protected for jurors. Employers cannot dismiss you for being on a jury.
Well some people were on there case for so long that there employees couldn’t keep there job open for them, I think they were paid out some kind of compensation off the courts,

But this is about 15 years ago now, but some of the people on the case were really fed up, it was a fascinating insight, how the system works sometime,

I know one thing and that is I think the system of a jury is quite suspect, I certainly felt bullied into my decision in the deliberation room off a certain jury member who was a lot older than me at the time,

With the little bit of information coming to light yesterday about MCFC refusing to settle out of court raises the the question where is the the substantial amount of money coming from to pay for the PL legal bill ? This case which the PL brought against MCFC pushed by the red cartel will be the most expensive in PL history and probably ever . So again where is the money coming from ? Who is paying the PL legal bill ………….
That's a pretty easy one to answer, the clubs that make up the PL own the PL including City

I did jury service about 15 years ago now, It was actually a murder case I was on, and despite more than half of my fellow jury members believing there was a good chance the suspect was guilty we just did not have enough clear evidence to find them guilty,

Also in between breaks of being called back into the courtroom ( of which there was a lot as the judge loved to call for a break every 2 hours lol) I got speaking to people on jury service on another case and some of them had lost there jobs as they had been on this particular fraud case for over over 6 months,

Apparently fraud cases are the worse ones for coming to a conclusion as there is usually so many people involved, money trails, different accounts, different countries, various forms of communication, that in the end quite a few of the cases end up collapsing or the people involved being given a not guilty verdict

I always remember the judge and his closing speech to us jury members before we left for the deliberation room, he said ( you must be 100% in your decision, if there is any shed of doubt then you must return a not guilty verdict)

I wonder if this independent panel will work to the same remit, if not 100% in us being guilty then they have to drop all the charges against us,

I actually think that if we get cleared on the main 3 charges then the rest will collapse,
While I understand the sentiment, it's a false comparison to draw parallels with a criminal case. Any ruling made in the case against us will be by way of the civil standard of proof. In essence, this means 'on the balance of probability' as opposed to 'beyond reasonable doubt'. Where the latter is applied, there's a higher burden of proof on the part of the party 'prosecuting' to prove their case. I'd always say that one isn't necessarily better than the other as it's a bit of a double-edged sword in legal terms. In the case brought against us though, all the PL's legal representatives have to do is persuade the arbiter that, by reference to all the evidence presented, it is more likely than not that the respondent (i.e. us) is liable.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.