PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

There was an article this morning stating that the Rags may invest £1.5 billion in a new stadium to replace the shithole, given they already have the best part of £1 billion of debt then this is a huge figure. Now I understand the argument that if all goes to their plan the increased crowds will help fund the project. But how is that any different to owner investment, our owners pumped money into the club with a medium term plan to grow the club, increase revenues and build the brand.

In essence how is it any different, both clubs wanting to invest for the future prosperity of the club but one is ok and the other leads to the shit storm we have had to endure.

And so the Red Cartel hawks continue to circle over the plump bloated carcass that was once Manchester City.
The behemoth is not yet dead but lemmings everywhere suggest a different method of kill.

And all of this is when they DO NOT care about us.

Can you imagine how worse the witch hunt would be if they did care about us?

Fair and decent podcast here

Probably the first podcast I have listened to fully. The problem I find with journalists discussing the breaches is that they start at the point, what happens if City are guilty when the real starting point is when these rules were introduced, by who and why. Most of it taken up by painting a bad picture of City and a fleeting mention of if the PL are wrong.
In short it is clickbait.

LOL. I hope that's an ironic reply. The prospect of relegation was never a serious option, more a piece of media sensationalism.

To be expelled from the PL, or suffer something like a 70 point deduction, we'd have to have committed a very serious, wide ranging and deliberate deception against the PL, UEFA, our auditor and our commercial partners. Quite simply, we haven't done that.

If we had I'd be very shocked and would have little sympathy for those who orchestrated that.

As I said, the very worst case scenario is that we'd be in a similar position to Everton, with the the IC finding that the bulk of the Etihad sponsorship was falsely included in our revenues. In that case we could be found to have exceeded the PL PSR maximum allowable loss by a similar sum when the figures for the impacted years were re-evaluated. I seriously doubt that's going to be the case though.
Well I hope you are correct. I wasn’t being ironic. As Stefan says, in the corporate World companies settle all the time even when they are 100% innocent because they don’t want to take the chance of wrongly being found guilty. It’s just probability theory.

Maybe if it was cash rather than points we would have taken it.

Last edited:
If that offer is true, don't you think it smacks of desperation and weakness by the PL given its so early in the process. And if City turned it down don't you think they firmly believe they have a very very strong case.
Yes but that’s not my point. It’s possible that we are innocent and lose. We won CAS 2-1 not 3-0 as an example.

Last edited:
If that offer is true, don't you think it smacks of desperation and weakness by the PL given its so early in the process. And if City turned it down don't you think they firmly believe they have a very very strong case.
I believe that a points deduction can only be applied for gaining a sporting advantage, any agreement to a deduction is basically admitting that we have done something against the rules that gave us an unfair sporting advantage over our rivals.

I just cant see a situation where we accept this.

Maybe if we were offered no points deducted and a £30 million fine for none co-operation we may consider it, however in truth I don't think we would entertain it. I feel we want our day in court and getting "facts" out on record, don't forget there will be a huge document that follows the case that we will be able to reference back to.

The one thing that does piss me off is that I have no doubt there will be lots of "No evidence" statements in the final decisions and this will just be portraid that the charges were right but our none-co-operation hamstrung the PL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.