PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Something I would love to know is if we did all these things, is the overall amount spent over that time, more or less then United.

If it’s not it would be great for that to be communicated and try and change perception.

Fuck knows if it’s true, I likened it today that it’s like a running race and one kid has these expensive running spikes his Dad brought for him that allow you to run faster, whereas others had trainers.

One kids Dad couldn’t afford the expensive running spikes and his trainers where old and slowed him down.

Every time he raced the other kid, that kid won. One day a rich uncle came along and brought the kid the same running spikes as the other kid.

They raced and this time the kid won. The other kid who was used to winning got really upset and complained it was unfair.

He felt as this kids Dad could not buy the spikes and instead his uncle did this was uneven, as he didn’t have a rich uncle.

So the question is what’s unfair that one kid did not have a rich uncle, or is it fair that they both have the same advantages to see who really was the fastest.

Possibly not my best way of telling it, but shut the red parents up on the U10’s team.

Another point to mention, as with the UEFA charges we have apparently not complied with requests to submit financial information. And as with UEFA I think we have reasonable grounds to suspect they wouldn't keep it to themselves or use for personal gain.

Would you share your club's finances with this lot?

CEO - Richard Masters, an Aston Villa fan, accused by Newcastle of acting inappropriately during their takeover, namely by fiddling the fit and proper test to exclude Newcastle's potential new Saudi owners. In 2021 an investigation into competition law found Masters had abused his position to award Qatari tv rights to the premier league to a preferred bidder, beIN sports. He's still in position despite this.

Secretary - Kevin Plumb, who was famously involved in exchanging emails containing misogynistic and sexist views with former chief, Richard Scudamore including calling women 'gash'. Both retained their positions. He's also the guy who is tasked with bringing down illegal football streams.

Non executive director - Mai Fyfield, a Sky director whose responsibilities include the distribution of sky channels to platforms such as cable and IPTV. No conflicts there, then!

Non executive director - Dharmesh Mistry, an investment banker who describes himself as an 'avid' Liverpool fan...

Chair - Alison Brittain, a Manchester United fan and former CEO of the Whitbread group. Seemingly ok with sharing the board with sexists if it means putting down her teams' arch rivals.

That's not even mentioning former chair Gary Hoffman, also chair of the bank Monzo at the same time as his premier league role, whom are I believe still under investigation for money laundering by the FCA.
You have got to laugh with that rabble in charge

I've heard about this for years but I don't have the brains to get my head around it. Can someone please explain why Mancini getting paid for a consultancy role by anyone while managing us is illegal? People having multiple jobs, hired by the same people doesn't seem abnormal at all to me. Tax purposes?
Wouldn't be a problem if he was an MP, donation's, 2nd job, consultancy, no problem:)

They will try and argue Mancini was being paid by City but we kept it off the books.

Won’t post the full article. BM rules.

Headline + last paragraph.

Martin Samuel in the Times.

View attachment 68438

It was at this point that the City project went into overdrive. Sergio Agüero, Yaya Touré, David Silva, Roberto Mancini. The FFP drawbridge was shutting and they escalated recruitment rapidly to get inside the castle. The accusation remains that, in doing so, they were not honest. Maybe. But, paradoxically, they kept the league honest, because standards improved and have never been higher. City have helped make the Premier League the place to be, because the best players are here, the best managers and the best football. Still, watching mediocre United teams win title after title; that would definitely have been fun too.
Good old Martin Top journo

Why are so many people talking about us being stitched up? We’re innocent of all wrongdoing so unless those fuckers bringing the charges have fabricated evidence you could have that red nosed twat Ferguson, Alan fucking Sugar and Slippy Gerrard on the panel and they won’t be able to pin anything on us.

& in many games we don’t need a goal keeper but we still use the best we can.

Sniff….

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.