PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Just heard a some extraordinarily interesting bit that rang true to what I was writing and some others

listening to between Mark Champman and Matt Slater on the episode titled, 'Why the PL are going to war with Manchester City' for today's The Athletic's Football Podcast (Sam Lee was on as well).

Champan says,

"There's a difference with UEFA (a governing body) charging City vs. a member led organization where one member is charged. I think that does call into question dynamics, particularly within the football world. A lot of fans of a lot of clubs would be interested as to how that would work".

Slater: Is it Man United, Arsenal, Spurs, all that lots' fault? Are they poking the PL to do this?

"Yeah, probably. But what was the PL supposed to do"?

After going over the past events and charges against City.

He clearly lines out the other reasons.

City beat UEFA. PL has tried.

PL & City have been in "trench warfare" he says over the past few years.

Bringing up other problems PL has with reputation and finding a better process to address problems.

"Once you start down this road. You've got to see it through".

He then adds the way this is "being viewed" aka optics raising the question, "Is this incredibly embarrassing?

and to vindicate like Tebas or is it B"...

"To send a message we take financial impropriety seriously.

We will go after our biggest, most powerful people.

So, yes, you can invest here. Yes, you can trust us. We are serious. We have a rulebook. We stand by it."

To send a message we take financial impropriety seriously.

We will go after our biggest, most powerful people.

So, yes, you can invest here. Yes, you can trust us. We are serious. We have a rulebook. We stand by it."

^ I’m all for this so long as they shine that evangelical light on the rest of the teams in the PL and hold them to the same standards as Manchester City……otherwise it’s just a witch hunt.

When this is over we as a club manchester city f c should refuse entry to the ground on matchdays to any officials from clubs who signed the origianal letter, from anyone of them currently pushing this through...

Stop any of the ferral twats who are entitled to hospitality to 0 ... nada..

Also the same for the press, hounded us from the minute the takeover happened....

This will just feul the hatred between us and them ,,,.,,, and i love it ...

They want a war ... whatever the outcome they should get fucking metcon 6

Thanks for that. Having had a chance to trawl through a selection of the six thousand odd posts I realise that I need to follow up a few links.Apart from the contributions of the few who understand finance or the law the overall impression is of almost overwhelming anger - not surprising either: the stuff on some of the media sites takes the breath away - guilty till proven innocent, "no smoke without fire", the harshest punishments demanded, and all this just on the strength of the charge sheet .. I had no idea..obviously I need to get out more. That said, I'm still not much wiser about the substance of the claims against City. Probably best to start with the EPL website to see what the tidily one hundred offences are.
City spaces podcast is probably a pretty good place to start

A couple of random thoughts.
UEFA /CAS - Our refusal to co-operate and holding back all our evidence, I know we said it was because of leaks. Wonder if really we were laying a big elephant trap for UEFA and were somewhat dissapointed when CAS said we don't want your evidence because we won't be looking at it due to time barring.
So have laid the same trap for the Premier league and kept our evidence back for the independant commitee to see and expose the P/L . After all if we'd given it all to UEFA/P/L we may have been found innocent but it would have been on the quiet.
As I say it's just random thoughts, but makes more sense to me than we were fraudulent for years and incompetant with it and think we can bluster our way out., that really makes no sense.
We cooperated with UEFA/G14 in 2013 to ensure we complied with FFP. They viewed our interim accounts & said they were fine, we'd passed & we had four weeks to submit our certified accounts.

During that four week period, UEFA/G14 moved the monitoring period back by 12 months, meaning the Tevez transfer & 12 months of his wages were now part of the calculation.

City went from being £3m inside FFP, to being £3m outside it, hence the CL squad reduction & a £50m per season transfer cap for THREE SEASONS. Then there was the £50m fine! :-/

Based on this previous experience, is it any surprise that City have refused to show their hand again? We probably reasoned that paying a fine for non-cooperation is the least worst scenario for us.

Another thing which is intriguing me is NOT ONE Rag fan who's been harassing me over this, is in favour of an independent body to oversee football. I wonder why? \0/

They are guessing, do you really think these cunts would give us a small points deduction if they found us guilty of some of the more serious offences? I'm telling you they would hit us as hard as they could, and we will be left appealing against the severity of the sanctions in court. Don't let these scheming, morally bereft cunts lure you into a false sense of security. We need to sleep with one eye open.
And the other two closed.

tMR8KKUH_400x400.jpg
Haha Bravo Sir!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.